SG Forester tyres in 2022

What a difference a little bit of extra service makes.

The other week I went into yet another tyre dealer and explained my concerns. No problem for this bloke. He got me to take my spare out of the boot and he gave it to the boys in the workshop. They had just taken off a set of 215 x 65 x 16, he got them to put one of those on my spare rim so I could try it out.

Fitted no problem. So I bought 5 new Brigestones. Before I do my next outback trip I'll get at least one more for the second spare.

A good result!

Sorry a bit late to chime in, but for future reference for others, the Yoko G015 AT is indeed available as a 215/60R16 for those who need to keep strictly legal for under 50mm w/lift.

Really @Hugh? I looked everywhere!
They generally have to be ordered in. I know the size does exist, when I last looking tyres they only had them in Perth and Sydney. Both the local Bob Jane and Tyrepower where able to source them

I suspect that the ones you got were among the last, Hugh. Several places told me that they were no longer available.

For me it's too late now I've switched over to 65-series tyres and won't switch back. But it would be good to nail this down for sure for the benefit of other readers.

Just one word of warning: the spare is a very tight fit! I noticed trhat they had put it in upside down (I like to use the dish to store my electric pump and various spares things.) But I culdn't get it out using my bare hands! If that had happened out in the bush, it would have led to trouble! So I grabbed a suitable lever out of the shed and have stored it under the floor with the spare. It comes out easily enough if you have something to lever it with, and needs a bit of biffo to get back in. That's fine by me.

Oh, and it drives very nicely now. Happy with the result.

Back