Forester 2009 - Dual Range for diesel Forester?

xavier123

Car Year
Car Model
forester
Transmission
manual 6speed
g'day everyone i was wondering if anyone know's about someone making a duel range transmission for a diesel 09-13 forester?

I would suspect that because a diesel generally operates at lower engine revs you would also need to investigate the diff ratios so as obtain reasonable road speeds.
Just a thought but conversion may become expensive.
I remember talking, in about the late 2000`s, with All Drive Subaroo about putting a diesel in my MY03 which already had/has the dual range box. Can`t remember the final outcome but they did not seem enthusiastic.

@ateday,
yeah i figured it would be expensive but i mean to be one of the firsts to do it and keep the diesels fuel economy would be so good

would be cool on paper, more torque on lower revs ,but those engines not very reliable with existing gearbox as it is. lots and lots cars here localy that are sold with dead diesel engines from those years . noone want them. because if you push them too much off road its not good for engine at all. so maybe thats not best idea put there low range even if its like possible in theory

Back