Forester Help with choosing the correct replacement rear suspension on a lifted SF

waali

Forum Member
Car Year
MY02
Car Model
Forester GT
Transmission
6MT
Hi Gents,

I have a question about replacement rear suspension on a lifted SF (Standard SG suspension with 2" SLO lift)
The rear shocks have clapped out after the last Robe trip so I'm looking at replacements.

The question is which springs? and where is the best place to get struts and springs?

I'm looking at KYB struts:
KYB 334191
KYB 334192

with king springs but as the old setup was standard should I get standard or raised springs?

Cheers.

On the back of my 2006 SG, I put Pedders progressive heavy duty struts when it got saggy butt syndrome. It had SLS.

Expensive, but I couldn't be happier. Great handling, braking, comfort, and doesn't sag when the back is loaded up.

should I get standard or raised springs?
If you were happy with then ride then stick with standard because raised springs tend to make the ride harsher and you also lose suspension articulation.

KYB have a good reputation but also look to see if Bilstein have struts for your model as they seem to be gaining in popularity with the later model Subies.

On the back of my 2006 SG, I put Pedders progressive heavy duty struts when it got saggy butt syndrome. It had SLS.

Expensive, but I couldn't be happier. Great handling, braking, comfort, and doesn't sag when the back is loaded up.

Cheers, did you use OEM springs or something else?

If you were happy with then ride then stick with standard because raised springs tend to make the ride harsher and you also lose suspension articulation.

KYB have a good reputation but also look to see if Bilstein have struts for your model as they seem to be gaining in popularity with the later model Subies.

Ta, will have a look.

Cheers, did you use OEM springs or something else?
The Pedders MacPherson strut units are a complete replacement, springs, shocks and caps.
Bolt in replacements for the original SLS units.

Another option for the struts is Outback BG's. As the spring perch is higher, it gives you more tire clearance as well as more ground clearance.

Back