What are some quality head gaskets i can buy

Ser_Egg

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Subaru Forester SG series 1
Transmission
5Spd Manual
So as some of you know from when i was getting my car roadworthy, i found a coolant leak from coming from the head gasket engine on the passenger side of the vehicle. Im currently in the process of saving up to get them replaced, so i am looking for some quality head gaskets to give to the mechanic to install in a bid to lower the cost of the job. Can someone please help me out by posting what they recommend and also the part number would be handy.

Thanks, Egg

OEM Headgaskets are the usual go. Subaru have improved the part since the cars were built. I used OEM Gaskets when rebuilding the EJ253 in my old Forester, and it was still going good guns 50k later, and is still going with the new owner.

I believe some people like to use the XT/STI Headgaskets in their NAs

Subaru didn’t change the part numbers for our 251. We got the oil leak back again after 50,000km.

Now it’s running the STi MLS head gaskets. 11044AA770 should be the part number.

Parts probably won’t change the cost by much, it’s the labour involved that’s the killer.

Cheers

Bennie

I’ve been looking at fel-pro as they make a mls gasket specifically for the ej253.

Having seen the price though, is the 770 pn the gasket that is guaranteed to fit a 2008 SH forester?

If it’s an EJ25, which you have the EJ253 so it is, means you’re in luck and the 770 MLS gaskets will fit.

Cheers

Bennie

Back