TorqMasters

Product Developer
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Auto
Hi All,

We are happy to announce our TORQ Locker for Subaru R-160 differentials are in production and will be released soon.

Detailed fitment information will be available on our website.

We have 2 R-160 TORQ Lockers, the 1 Bolt and the 5 Bolt. The TORQ Locker will only fit in open differential cases.

The TORQ Locker is an "automatic drop-in mechanical locker" or as some call it a "lunchbox Locker" because they are small enough to fit inside a lunchbox.

We will post updates here. Please feel free to talk and ask tech questions as well! We are happy to support the forum!

@NachaLuva Since your a distributer do you have any more accurate idea of a release date? I emaied Cora the other day and she said they were currently in production, don't know if you've heard anything more specific though.

We are still in our first production run, should be wrapping up this week, then off to heat treat. HT can take 4 to 10 days depending on what's in front of us. Because of the HT variable, we can't set a hard date for release.

Those that have asked to join our email notification list will be updated a day or two in advance, so they can set a calendar reminder for when we go live. I have more emails on our wait list than kits in production - so we will likely sell out quickly.

Second and third production runs are running right after this one.

These production runs are for the 5-bolt open R-160. The 1 bolts will be further down the line.

I setup a Product Developer Thread on the forum now that we are a supporting company. Hopefully i see email notifications and can respond in a timely manner.

I setup a Product Developer Thread on the forum now that we are a supporting company. Hopefully i see email notifications and can respond in a timely manner.

Welcome to ORS!! :welcome:

Here's a test video from last weekend. 3 identical drivelines, all stock except for the TorqLocker in mine:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those that have asked to join our email notification list will be updated a day or two in advance, so they can set a calendar reminder for when we go live. I have more emails on our wait list than kits in production - so we will likely sell out quickly.

When they do go live what time will it happen?

No I mean like literally time, as in 2am, 3pm etc.. She was talking about more people to email than lockers available, so like if it's a "they're available starting midnight on such and such date" thing it sounds like I may be out of luck if I go to order one at 8am the following morning. I figure every website is different as far as how it works when a new product is added.

No I mean like literally time, as in 2am, 3pm etc.. She was talking about more people to email than lockers available, so like if it's a "they're available starting midnight on such and such date" thing it sounds like I may be out of luck if I go to order one at 8am the following morning. I figure every website is different as far as how it works when a new product is added.

We have to take into consideration international orders in different time zones, so release time is TBD. Likely it will take a couple days to sell out.

Oh cool, now I don't have to sit on the computer breaking my refresh button, still buying that night though. Looking forward to it!

[MENTION=16425]TorqMasters[/MENTION] I just found out y'all have an amazon store, will these be available there?

Did anyone order the TM yet? and install it?

It is available for ordering now.

I've had mine in for a little over a week. Took it on the trails the day after I put it in. It's amazing how capable my forester is now.

yes would be nice some videos with locker in work

Unfortunately, I didn't get any that time. I will definitely be hitting the trails again within the next couple weeks. I'll take one then. I did end up wiring up a switch so I can put it in full FWD when I need to. Seems to help with tight cornering on pavement as sometimes if you're slightly accelerating it can bind up a little; it will still ratchet, but it will be louder. Only happens in tight cornering though. The FWD switch solved that. So now with my FWD switch and my 50/50 lock switch, I have full control of the torque split.

Yours 5 bolt or 1 bolt model? Saw from video that 1 bolt is lot quiter somehow in ratling.

I've got the 5 bolt. I think it really comes down to the transmission. If I have it in FWD, the ratchet sound is pretty quiet. If it's in normal mode, I think the slight amount of torque that does get sent to the rear causes the ratchet to be quite a bit more noticeable.

Thought I might give some up to date info on torqmasters locker's for 2020 Foresters.. They don't exist ( yet ) . The 2020 model has a R167 differential and the R160's/180's are the only one that they have for Subaru 2019 and older.. Torq Master said "...We will add the new R167 to our prototype list, but this list is pretty long. We won't likely have a locker this year...."

info only,

Mike W

Thought I might give some up to date info on torqmasters locker's for 2020 Foresters.. They don't exist ( yet ) . The 2020 model has a R167 differential and the R160's/180's are the only one that they have for Subaru 2019 and older.. Torq Master said "...We will add the new R167 to our prototype list, but this list is pretty long. We won't likely have a locker this year...."

@Tamangel Are you saying the 2020 Forester has the R167 rear-diff, but the 2019 and older Foresters have a different version? Did you mean 2018 and older, because the 2019 and newer are the SK model, and I expected all the SKs to have the same rear-diffs. Can you clarify? Thanks.

@TorqMasters guys i need help. I have a forester 2004 xt 4eat with rear vlsd and 4.444
I want to install a torq locker but i cant find an open diff with 4.444 in my country, So my next idea is to find a carrier from an open diff and install it in my diff. Are these interchangeable?

Attachments

• viber_image_2020-12-21_12-46-57.jpg
    viber_image_2020-12-21_12-46-57.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 3
Back