That B(loody) Fuse

Pecky

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester - diesel
Transmission
CVT
I have a 2010 Forester with a LED light strip on the tailgate which normally comes on automatically when the tailgate is opened. On a recent trip it stopped working and I noticed the tailgate open warning light had also stopped working so I figured it must have been the switch that was common to both. When testing the switch with the multimeter I touched something which shorted and there were no interior lights at all. I also lost remote locking, radio with GPS and reversing camera, dash lights, OAT/clock/fuel economy, and puddle lights which was unusual.

I started by checking the illumination fuses and audio fuses and they were all ok so I continued pulling fuses trying to find the right one, and testing each one with a multimeter. This wasn't successful so I went searching through the wiring diagram to see if there was a common fuse and found a 20 amp one in the engine bay fuse box labelled B which was a Backup. It was blown and after much anxiety the problems were fixed.

Isn't that sort of thing just bloody irritating?

Glad you finally found it.

You should be so lucky.
Mate & I were changing the bulbs on our golf cart trailer and we hooked it up to my 2013 Honda CRV to test them, yipeee! they all worked.

That evening I went to go down to the local supermarket, bugger, the Honda refused to start, no dash lights nothing. I searched and checked all the fuses I could according to the handbook diagram, in the finish I gave up and rang Honda's Roadside Assist.
They sent out the RACQ, the guy checked every fuse and found one marked "small lights" that was blown. There nothing in the handbook for brake lights etc., which is what we had been working on, just this small lights ref., it could have been "any" small light in the whole car. We never found a blown bulb anywhere on the car. Replaced the fuse and everything came to life. :eviltoyou::eviltoyou:

Back