scalman

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
2006 3.0R 5EAT Sportshift VDC/VTD LPG
Transmission
5eat Sportshift
Thanks Kevin , im so happy to be up here lol
car feels amazing with the lift kit, no adverse reactions to installing the lift at all :monkeydance:

Thanks mate, my fiend wants to paint my rims black which i will go with eventually lol, and as for new tires ill use the ones i just bought for a bit (still brand new lol) then look at getting a second set of 15" rims and put MT tires on them for sure :lol:

next for me is the front shocks and springs, which should lift the car a little in the front end :iconwink:

MT wow you will go full hardcore there. do you really need them ? they will be loud too. unless you get some used ones for cheap. to paint your rims in black is really simple man. just do it

lol i wouldn't drive around everywhere on MT , just for offloading , AT for all other times
and i think paint will make it heaps better looking

1WD

You guys trying to say you don't like my chipped rims ?

:mob:

:rotfl:

1WD

About rims im simple man , i would just clean them sanded and sprayed with black or other color if you want to be different . like yellow or orange haha

Ive been thinking about painting my rims all day now lol, so i have to do it for sure lol
I was thinking black as i don't want my car to stand out any more than it already does :lol:

1WD

Ive been thinking about painting my rims all day now lol, so i have to do it for sure lol
I was thinking black as i don't want my car to stand out any more than it already does :lol:

1WD

so you dont wanna any brighter color on that grey body ? :lildevil: imagine what orange/purple/pink rims would look like :poke:
:rotfl:
Plasti-Dip-Utah.jpg

you sure you no wanna ? :lol:

you sure you no wanna ? :lol:

Those rims are awesome! If I wasn't taking my car down the rat route, I'd seriously consider that colour. :ebiggrin:

Lmfao
It is real nice but wouldn’t last a week without getting scratched in the bush,
that’s why I figure black is cheap and easy and also won’t “highlight” me lol
Although I’m not sure what type of paint I should use be it matte black or gloss or whatever else there is lol
Also contemplating repainting all the external lower plastics on
The doors, the side skirts & rear bumper all black to match the wheels and freshen it up a bit
But rims first
And still have to install Bull bar

1WD

And black maybe its easy but black is most visiable if scratched.

Very true but I think you would notice scratches in most paint
Especially anything highlighted lol

I like the look of all the black in these pics especially like the custom mud flaps !!
dfb3613d8ec2e3c2b4362faf594425dd.jpg

8d89e7b9667729bdb07ccb18f3f6e904.jpg

744c9bd057e0a99420e473ef78597298.jpg

What you think ?
Or what other color besides black that would suit my car
Lol but nothing crazy

1WD

Yes looks great for me as well. Black fits very good there.and lower plastics looks great. Im thinking if i would do rims black then those plastics maybe do black as well.

Maybe use something tougher like roll-on bed liner ?

Well my stock rims are black once I sand them back from silver so I’m just going to go normal black over them and see how it goes but if they scratch up heaps I’ll look into something more robust like bed liner
Thanks for the idea

1WD

if you just paint them yourself they will scratch sure , with spray can it would be worse then with brush. and i would use some better paint for better holding on like antirust paint or something like that. i was using some antirust 3 in 1 paint on really bad rusty metal and they holding really well. even if you will use bed liner first you need to take care of rust put some layer of antirust stuff first.
that bed liner looks really well on rims
imag0918-jpg.617447

i think this guy was using rust oleum bed liner
Review-of-Rust-Oleum-bed-liner-1-800x445.jpg

thats some good idea for me too.

Makes a lot of sense to protect from rust
Something I didn’t think of yet
Happy I didn’t rush into it
So that picture of the wheel is bedliner ?
Looks mint
I like it

1WD

well there are diff sorts of those protective layers as bed liner so ones are better then others. some scratching really easy too , so i think if you choose right one , its becoming so hard no matter on what surface you will paint it. you can even put it on clothes and then you have like armor on top. haha
some other stuff called Line X they say its making anything indestructible as in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfd7_p4SVBU
86a705636c528e98bd3c03975b1aa18c.png

i mean thats just look hardcore. thats what we would need as protection no ?
But then with all that good stuff comes other side. Imagine if you spray this on something that begin to rust under that layer. And tou will never see that rust under it it will just eat metal unde and on top it will look good still

i like this idea a lot
thanks duncanm !!

Bedliner won't cover up rust though, it bubbles through in about 2 weeks apparently so still need to treat the rust before you apply bedliner, i don't have any rust so im good

1WD

Going off topic again, but I'm thinking of painting all the black plastic on mine using bedliner.
Panel beater/spray painter insists it will come off though due to the oils in the plastic, and I'd be better off just hitting it with a hair dryer to bring back the colour.

Not a bad idea for the rims though!

Back