• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

I want to see in the dark

I'm not sure how they work that out, when they advertise that it's 18 X 10W Cree diodes..
Are they under-powering them? that's not very good for LEDs.
I didn't look at that, Ben. I just assumed that they were 18x 5W LEDs, going by their quoted draw figures:
18x5 = 90W ~=8 something amps. So you are right - something's wrong there somewhere.

Egg needs to check what's what with STEDI, I reckon.

Kind of off topic but...
Was heading home from my mate's place last night, back down Quaid road because the gates are still open. I estimate I was doing about 40-50kph, when I saw a reflection in front of me, you can see the little dot in the distance. About 20 seconds later, navigator informed me to stay straight ahead in 1k.. That intersection is Black Mountain road. The sign you can see is about another 150m+ after that.
According to my calculations at 40-50Kph I had travelled about 250m after first noticing the reflection before navigator informed me of the intersection. which makes the reflective distance of my lights about 1400+metres. Not bad. ;)
Here's the video if you're interested, it's hard to miss the potholes, even with the lights, at 40kph. :confused:
You can hear the GPS at about the 20second mark
The sign says something about the gate being locked. None of them are at the moment.. :D
If the potholes were all filled, you could probably do about 80Kph for a fair chunk of that road, I was doing more than that on the good stretches going up it during the day, saves me loads of time with the added bonus of having the whole road to myself and a few cane toads (managed to squish a couple on the way home) :)

Last edited:
Combination filters.
Pretty good spread.
I wouldn't mind a couple of little LEDs to better the side vision, but not really necessary.

Back