2020 Forester Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Fog's...

Tamangel

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
auto
Newbi Subi Owner here.. Am contemplating a set of Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Fog's for my 2020 Forester / Premium trim. It did not come with fogs from the factory. DD says they think (?) the gen 4 models will fit (2014-2018). However, talking with a local Subi dealer parts guy, he advises the fog light 'covers' Shown below , Part # 57731SJ020 (unknown if diff part # for L and R sides..) are not the same part # Gen 4 vs Gen 5.., which leads me to think 'hole' is a different size meaning different size light housing..
Other than purchasing a fog light dash switch from Subaru (all new foresters are pre-wired for auxiliary lower bumper lights, even if they didn't come with factory lights installed ), I should be ready to go on this.. Anyone one shed some light on this ( no pun intended ) or have installed these DD3 Pro lights on their Gen 5 Foresters?
Thanks in advance,

Mike W
Coachella Vally / SoCalif

Subi Fog Light covers.jpg

@Tamangel G'day & Welcome aboard Mike

There's heaps of DD discussions over at subaruforester.org that may be of some help.

Welcome to the forum @Tamangel!

I noticed you already contacted Diode Dynamics regarding your query. They make good yellow LED driving lights because they are yellow from the light source, not through a filter.

The fog lamp assemblies for SJ and SK Foresters are completely different, or the SJ and for the SK, but it is possible for them to have a similar bracket. They have the Luxeon LED fog lamps for 2014 to 2020 Forester (Luxeon LED Fog Lamps for 2014-2020 Subaru Forester (pair)) as a direct replacement so there is chance the SS3 Pro Fogs for the SJ may fit your SK. Cheers.

Back