2006 Outback 3.0R 180kw VDC project

so new car , new project m new plans for it , and gathering new info what could be done witt it and choosing what fits me

what i bought
OXMsQ80.jpg

how it looked in my yard next day
oiuFyuUl.jpg

changing inside and some outside bulbs to led's
VVOwFlNl.jpg

2bqsM2Kl.jpg

examples for myself how lift would look with my rims and how bumper cut would look
xKiztQ7.jpg

so normal steps for me do lift at least as much as in that pic, and then maybe cut bumper
kKYYJSo.jpg

car how its sits now, how +5cm would look and then +7cm wheel is in the air
would need bigger tires for better look there.
r793dPS.jpg

checked front arches for rust and how it looks, and put some bitumen spray over there , and then put back that plastic cover back
EhSPSDH.jpg

front grill plasti dipped to black
gd8FK4g.jpg

how it looks in dark with some lights
9EkAKza.jpg

new summer tires for economy drives of course..
y8KSeD0.jpg

comforser cf 2000 they on 225/75r15 so slighty smaller then muds where . they silent they rool good and fuel economy is best rly in a long time.. even with that roof box

new rear sway bar links because yes i put back rear sway bar , but i just found longer links for that instead obk 8-9cm lenght those are 13cm lenght.
they from fiat doblo and its just same just longer so you dont need to like reposition sway bar itself with lots lift you just put longer links
A0GEdHQ.jpg

summer tires still doing ok on not muddy situations rly of its not too much slippery then traction control compensates all those slips and what not
ZJKqXHs.jpg

driveshaft was making huge vibrations last days... i wonder why lol
now smooth like butter
fkkrwve.jpg

Last edited:
Yes its nice to just find parts thats just fits us from other cars as it will be much cheaper then look for some custom ones... Like in rear we can put about 10cm longer struts from some bmw model..so its good for large lift no need any spacer then ..
Then again rear links on obk are really not made for travel ...so from other side if you pit longer strut that will have more travel in suspension that might put more tension on those links...
Wish there would be more finds like those so less custom jobs would be needed ..that said i love some diy here and there making smt ...
Still trying to figure out so gearbox has speed sensor in in rear part and then 4 abs speed sensors in every wheel...so like how ecu makes that speed measure..whats involved ..so speed sensor is just for spidometer to work or what...and i mean older pre vdc subarus makes that speed count differently then vdc cars...as that has more sensors and more stuff going on in 5eat gearboxes too.
I mean my car can just put gearbox into limp mode from time to time like preventing me to rev high and change gears even when i need to... Its kinda dangerous thing when you just wanna overtake fast...and all this because one abs sensor doesnt works properly or smt...thats wrong.. i mean i get it why...but then its not allways too so its at times...feels weird ...and its nothing broken there mechanically i mean moment error codes gone from dash all works like normal again ..
Then again about spidometer i got it stopped working one day even..so whos like whats spidometer works from...which sensor or its again from ecu...

Last edited:
Yh i thought why not golden for 4 euros now....did it on car... Just cleaned tires after some...
And without roof box
HHjVAGB.jpg

and new universal catalysts ..euro 4 . because one of my previous ones burned off because i drove on bad like ignition like too rich mix with LPG gas... but that was one one of cilinders so only one side got burned out ... still i bought 2 new ones as they not same size.. those new even larger...so did all in about 3-4 hrs . and then drove it .. more silent now as both exhaust lines now with catalyst not just one as before
Q0Ht2tm.jpg

Fair effort with the delifting in a day!
It’s amazing how the colour of your wagon changes too!

Delift was just to pass mot lol. Nothing else. So all plastics must come back normal bumper normal wheel arche guards and such... All extra ligths must come off all leds off and such.as they very picky about all that..so Just to pass that stuff...

Geez! So it’s going back on once passed the MOT?

How often do you need to do that, annually?

Cheers

Bennie

Well mot every 2 yrs. Lol well its not legal to modify anything on car so yh...well in theory .. and depends who gonna look your car one person might say its fine i like that and other might say hey it should be plastic plug here why its screw there ...fault lol so its better just become default. And i mean it took me about half day to remove all lift so its fine. And i think ill have some better ideas maybe when i will put it back maybe ill change something a bit or redo some of spacers. As now i know what works better and such...
Shame needed to buy those catalysts again. But well its my fault , i drove on bad fuel mixture on lpg. So that gave too high temp and burned those ceramic catalysts. Now i bought metal based catalysts should hold better then ceramic ones... Will see

its back ..its almost winter its about zero celcious temp outside and its dark but its back to up high
anOVajt.jpg

alignment no more sure and i forgot to make steering flex thingy longer so berely drove home i will fix that tomor ...and couldnt find gearbox longer bolts for spacers so thats too not yet onto car... so some work still left... but its back up high... not all people like it as its too high to climb into car needs like handle or something but well its my car and im not short so its fine for me ...

Was fixing whats left there after lift. Now all dropped properly kinda...just wheel got some problems means column thats inside car more like mount of that. Not sure how its suppose to be mounted and stay solid as mine just whigles to sides.. steering wheel itself so like all column moves to sides. But i got that from first time i dropped engine with gearbox down...
utJwiOd.jpg

I mean this place was off place as that metal plate wad broken just on one side though. So i welded it together.
Wheel still moves to sides i mean whats even holds it to one place there . Need to learn about how it suppose to hold there more. And those bolts are tight so they not loose
h5FXs19.jpg

Other then that test drove about 200kms and learned that my abs / tc/ check engine lights can be tricked kinda when i drive with wheel not aligned to tires ..i mean now im holding steering to one side a little while car driving straight. Thats prevents lights to come out so i cam use abs still and cruise control. Only TC light comes on but so far other lights wont come out as i guess car brain doesnt understand whats going on.
So in theory with straight wheels it doesnt let me use abs or cruise so it doesnt let me drive safe, but with bad alignment now i cam use abs system it brakes as with abs on . So hows that logical? Anyway its better for me now this way as i like that cruise control on longer distances. Dont matter that steering wheel not on center. And i dont want to fix that as im sure i will get those lights on dash again

oluGvt2.jpg

So then its nothing more holdding column just those 2 mounts . Ok i saw my column assembly seal and bushing might be then off place or like broken maybe..or probably i only saw seal from inside and bushing was nowhere to be seen there it was just outside . So maybe that bushing like feel of its place or smt...but how to see there its not like you can like look at that area so well ..still that mount points are weird to me...its really loose ..like it moves to around

Last edited:
yes wheel column was off the bushing so thats why it was moving to sides... removed u joint as it was too short still. put back bushing to place... which was not easy as its no space really from under car to proper do it but i found ways ...as allways .. so wheel is ok just alignment became even more off now but thats normal as i didint put it like in same place as it was .. but no time for that this day so i drove as i allways do with half fixed car .. thats my life now for more then year i drive with stuff not in right order or smt else messed up so yh .. if tomor no rain will try to align as i can at first all ...maybe need to reconect u joint then count wheel circles then put that to center then put separately wheels in center and just then try to connect them.. will see. so far all goes to better.. i mean i can use abs and even traction control works for some time and errors deletes themselfs when car parked... so i can deal with that . as i payed allready about 500 in one month for new catalysts new brake lines and then for MOT passing .. so thats too much money in just one month rly with salary just about 1k giving half on car is really too much. hope it will be kinda okish now for winter at least .

Back