Car UHF/CD player in one

frug

Forum Member
Hi there everyone.

Just wondering if there is such a unit that has a UHF receiver and CD/Radio in one? Instead of installing 2 units in my car, it'd be great to have 2 units in one.

If not, can anyone recommend a good place to get a UHF and new car stereo units installed into my Suby, in the Melbourne area?

Cheers
D

You can get uhf with all the controls on the Mic so you can hide the module under the dash. Don't think what you are after exists, not 100% sure though. As for the installation why not give it a go yourself. Pretty easy and heeps of guides out there.

It would be a great idea so you can listen to music & it automatically mutes when transmitting or receiving. I dont know why no-ones done it yet :shrug:

Most head new units have a cut out wire to be used with hands free systems etc. Would just be getting it to communicate with the radio would be the hard part.

If the head units setup for handsfree then its pretty easy, only tricky part is re wiring the mic's ptt. an Easy way to install a new headunit is to buy an iso to suby plug loom from autobarn or something, cut off the iso plug and wiring the end into the new head units plug, no need to cut at factory wiring and just plug right in. easy to take the unit out and put back in the original if you sell the car and wish to keep it.

You can also get a little side chain gate processor as an audio kit from jaycar which is easy enough to wire up to any head unit to do the same thing with the uhf.

Last edited:
Back