OFFROADSUBARUS.COM

Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > Offroad and Touring Central > Trip Reports

Notices

Unread 5th April 2019, 02:41 AM
Forum Member

Year: 2010
Model: Forester X Luxury, sump guard, bigger AT tyres and 50mm Subieliftoz lift, breather extensions
Transmission: Auto
Beachworm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABFoz View Post
It's OK @Beachworm, I have really good imagination!

I was one of the earlier adopters of Facebook but I was already experiencing security issues that time. In 2012, I deleted my account as I didn't really need it when doing field work.
I opened an account with Facebook about 20 years ago and I have had no problems whatsoever. I have always applied the following rules to Facebook use.
1. do not include any personal information other than your name and email address
2. don't post personal photos on your own account, only through trusted, closed groups
3. never accept friendship requests from people you don't know personally
4. restrict access to all but friends
5. block anyone who posts offensive material
6. avoid posting anything on your personal page

I accept that your experience may be different but so far I have found it to be a useful way to keep informed though I suspect many of my friends think I'm dead because of the lack of visible activity on my account.

As it seems some may have valid reasons other than technophobia for not using Facebook, I will investigate ways to provide you access to my contacts' videos and photos. You should consider, however, that using snapchat, photobucket, youtube etc. all have their own issues in relation to security. I would love to see some improvements made to allow simple, quick inclusion of visual material directly into my posts on this site. I have owned and used personal computers since before the internet became the internet and I have never come across a site that has a less intuitive method of directly sharing visual material.
Unread 4th June 2019, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

Year: 2000
Transmission: 5MT
Tweaksta is on a distinguished road

I don't use Friendface either.

Not technophobia....I too have a lifetime career in I.T. I was one of the first to be on FB and one of the first to get off back in 2012. It feels good. No regrets. My life has improved.