• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

In car netbook/camera mount

apsilon

Sneak peak of what I'm working on for offroad navigation (though it'll also be useful for internet access, photo archiving, entertainment etc while touring).

Bought one of these from ebay: www.pjaps.com.tw/clh100n.htm and had a quick play with it on the weekend.

The floor mount. Arm attaches with a quick release similar to a bike seat post clamp.

navmount.jpg

The arm itself. Note the screw at the top is the standard size to take a camera.

navarm.jpg

With the tray to hold the netbook. I also added some foam pipe insualtion to the arm sections so I can brace it against the console for added stability without worrying about rubbing/rattling/scratching.

navpass.jpg

I'm going to cut down the tray and refold the edges as it's a fair bit bigger than I need. It'll take up less space that way. I have some anti glare film on the way for the screen.

navdrv.jpg

Up close and at the proper angle reflections aren't as bad. Given I won't be using it while driving they'll be easy enough to work around.

navscrn.jpg

So far pretty happy with it. just need to get Oziexplorer and the maps loaded and learn to use it.

The down side is it makes accessing the centre console a bit of a pain but not too bad. Oct long weekend I'm going to install a couple of power accessory sockets at the rear base of the console.

~$170 delivered on ebay. Also comes with a G clamp style mount (they show it clamped to a office chair leg) and a VESA mount for the top so you could mount a screen that accepts a VESA mount.

I wasn't expecting much but thought it worth the gamble. Thought it might've been very plastic and while there are plastic parts it's much more sturdy than I expected.

Back