Any Ideas what has happened?

silver

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
Because I am buying a DMAX I joined a forum called newd-max which seems pretty good. Not many members but no ratbags either so it was quite good but the other day I tried to access it and this is what came up
https://www.newd-max.net/
What do you reckon...hacked? or all finished??

Not working on mine...IE whatever the latest version is and when I google it and click on the link it does not work either. I'll clear all cookies and see what happens.

There's a few of the "new" .net; I'm on newtriton.net

Similar story to Tweaksta, my Safari browser was quite temperamental, some days it wouldn't open every second website (including this forum and my source for surfing weather predictions), while other days it was OK. Then I got Firefox and I haven't had any problems with it, plus it's faster.

I think Internet Explorer is meant to be even worse than Safari. Maybe try getting Firefox.

I can't say I have had problems at all. This site WAS working fine. Has anybody been clicking on the link ??
I'm not changing the browser. As I said I can't recall any problems. I'm not sure this is anything to do with IE yet. If you are all using the link and it is working, well that is a different story. I'll just ditch the forum and carry on.

The main benefit of having an alternate browser installed on your system is that you can eliminate it being the possibility of an IE problem. You can still have IE as your default browser. It's just like a 'second opinion' to help you troubleshoot.

That said, I have used both the link and typed the URL in IE, Opera and Firefox and they have been working fine, numerous times all day today.

Well..it's certainly not working for me...it comes up with this..
IIS7 which is Internet Information Services and when I click on WELCOME it takes me to this..
https://www.iis.net/
I'm not very good at tech stuff...I get through but I pretty much know my way around with IE and just don't want to chop and change but maybe I need to use another browser...

Works for me; a Trojan perhaps? I know the "more friendly" ones like screwing around with IE like this.

I can open the link on both Safari and Firefox.

I went about 18 month with out ever having a problem with Safari and then all of a sudden it became temperamental. I have no idea what change I made to safari, it just stopped opening up several websites. (To me, it sounds like you have the same problem I had.)

Then I downloaded Firefox, planning on just using it for trouble shooting, but it did fix the problem and was noticeably faster at opening all pages.

Plus IE will always be there to use if you don't like Firefox.

Appears all good now. As far as I can gather from one of the posts they changed server and had a couple of hassels.

Back