SH forester windscreen washer

Needle? That's what I've used in the past.

they say it will take a hour to pull all the plastic covers and wipers off

Remove non-return valve somewhere near the washer nozzle, then blow compressed air back down the nozzle?

I only ever put highly filtered water in ours since having this problem some decades ago. Water for steam irons or bottled drinking water from a shop are both ok, as no fine or coarse particles. I fill a 5L container for them from our double filter kitchen sink filtered water tap.

I had this problem a few years ago and the Subaru dealer quoted me an astronomical amount for pulling the car apart and putting in a new nozzle and hose. I managed to get a piece of fine stainless steel wire and poked around a bit while someone else activated the washers and the blockage was cleared. I haven't had the problem since. I've found they need to be used every few days and this keeps them clear.

I use/d a fine, dress maker's pin on my Impreza and SG wiper nozzles. Had to clean the non-return valve ball in the Impreza a couple of times over 18 years. However, I didn't use filtered water in my Impreza days.

[MENTION=15820]c.fitzpatrick[/MENTION], I did something similar to the suggestion of [MENTION=2832]Ratbag[/MENTION] and it worked on my sister's GG Impreza. Sometimes the larger particles can get stuck into the nozzle itself. Cheers.

You guys need an L series :poke: I've got sand in the bottom of my window washer bottle and there's not problem... maybe this is a good way to help filter your washer water?

Talking about windscreen washers - be glad you've got them! The latest VW Toureng (or whatever it's called) has them IN the wiper blades. And the blades are teflon coated or something that's not normally on wiper blades.

I hope you get the issue sorted Fitzy!

Cheers

Bennie

Back