Not open for further replies.

DennisMouz

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester 2.0 NA dual range
Transmission
Manual 5 sp
I finally got some budget to upgrade suspension of my 2006 sg.

Ordered lift springs from King and I already have 4cm top mount blocks and trailing arm base extenders of 5cm as well as longer sway bar links in all 4 corners.

I have two options for the shocks, one is the standard KYB excel-g or GR2s and the other is an Impreza STI KYB inserts used set with reverse tubes and fully adjustable and reparable to be installed in my original struts. However I think Impreza rear struts are considerably shorter than Foz's and this could probably mean heavy improvising during the fitting especially in the rear, also not sure if the traveling will be adequate after all.

There is no technician over here that have done this before with the Kings so not sure of the outcome. I would appreciate members' opinions, should I stay with the KYB excel-g+raised kings+ top mount blocks solution? Unfortunately the koni inserts part numbers that Kevin used couldn't be found in EU.

Sorry for the lengthy message, any input from your experience would be very useful and much appreciated.

Given the stance of the STi I too suspect the stroke may not be long enough.

Unless someone here can give you a definite answer I'd stick with the known rather than the unknown solution ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back