Engine diagnostic for Tactrix

OneSixty

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
SG Forester 2.5X
Transmission
5 Speed Manual
Just needing a program that will work with Tactrix Openport 2.0 and my 2003 SG Forester. I have tried one from RomRaider but it said my ECU is not compatible so just wondering what else there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just needing a program that will work with Tactrix Openport 2.0 and my 2003 SG Forester. I have tried one from RomRaider but it said my ECU is not compatible so just wondering what else there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's weird, I've used RomRaider on many Subaru's, including 2003 Forester XS,
1.6 liter N/A Impreza, a 2004 forester XT, they all use the SSM protocol,
there is the FreeSSM, which uses the VAG cable, but the RomRaider Logger proved much more versatile across the Subaru range
they were all EU market dunno it matters
which program are you using ?
and post the error shown on the program when trying to connect

Last edited:
which program are you using ?

Sorry for the late reply, I have tried using FreeSSM, RomRaider Learning View and ECU Flash but none have worked. I may try use FreeSSM again but I will post the error that comes up when trying to load.
Also I read on another site somewhere that Australian Subaru's have different ECU's and most programs don't work on them but I don't know how true that is.

well the program you use with the tactrix openport for diagnostic codes and logging/viewing parameters is the RomRaider logger.

FreeSSM needs a different cable, the cable you need is the standard VAG (VW audi Group) KKL 409.1
the knockoffs work well, and don't cost much like 12 USD.

make sure you installed the proper driver, what laptop are you using Win/MAC?

the forester non turbo SG5 Australian market is not listed as supported in RomRaider but that list is for ECU re-flash support so that probably wont work.
but diagnostics should not be a problem as far as i know.

maybe some Aussie's can chime in here

try re-installing the driver and opening the Romraider Logger, and make sure the tactrix cable led is blinking, for me sometimes i need to wiggle the Tactrix cable for it to register,

2000 JDM legacy - needed the 'right' cable and freessm.

so that Tactrix cable is what ppl use to reflash ECU is that what is gonna be used here ?

Same problem I am facing.
2008 SG5 2.0 X auto. EDM.
Openport with ecuflash and ROMRAIDER.
Apparently, the ecu for this engine is not supported by any tuning software.
Not because it is locked. Nobody tries to mod them.
Freessm would not let you delete DTCs like those of the dreaded secondary air injection system.
Anyone have the file for this ecu?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Back