GreenSuby

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
Gday all
I've just changed the stereo & speakers in the foz, but I'm not sure i got the polarity of the speaker wiring correct. The electrical schematic i have doesn't show what is the positive & negative wires for the speakers.
I'd like to get the speakers in phase with each other, so does anyone know what colour is the positive & negative wires to the speakers?
Thanks
Greensuby

Gidday GS

Both the amplifier (head unit) and the speakers should have the polarity permanently marked on them where the wires are attached.

In any car, the acoustics are so terrible that you probably wouldn't notice anyway ;).

It doesn't really matter if the polarity is reversed, as long as it is the same for all speakers.

If it sounds OK, don't worry about it :poke: :lol:.

Don't listen to this man, speakers need to be in phase, otherwise is sounds hollow and i can here the ridiculous exhaust I've got on the car :lol:

PIN 1 Right Front + Red/Yellow stripe
PIN 2 Front Left + Brown/ White stripe
PIN 3 Rear Left + White/Red stripe
PIN 4 Rear Right + Blue/Yellow stripe
PIN 5 Front Right - White/ Black stripe
PIN 6 Front Left - Green
PIN 8 Rear Left - Red/Black stripe
PIN 9 Rear Right - Red/White stripe

For a SF forester/ Gen 1 impreza harness

^ so can I, but not above my Tannoy 15" Monitor Golds ... :poke: :rotfl:.

Thanks for that explicit info, Id. As I know only too well, modern car wiring is insanely complex!

np, I prefer my linear design towers, before bose sued the company into non existence for making 100% copies of their stuff, good old Aussie ingenuity

Gday idw
Should have added my foz is a 2004 model.
I paid for the retailer to fit the head unit & i fitted the speakers.
I can only go on the colours of the wires at the speakers. They are: front left, green & brown/white. Front right, pink & white/black. Backs are both red/black & white.
Which of those combos are positive & negative i dont know.
greensuby

Pull out the head unit, and test for continuity with a multimeter. Should take about 30min for all 4 to be 100% sure

Factory speakers are marked -/+ at the driver. Check before you unplug them, or when you cut off the connectors leave a little on so you can see the colours.

Also, https://www.modifiedlife.com/car-ra...d-car-stereo-wire-diagram-2005-subaru-legacy/ maybe, never trusted these things 100% but they're right most of the time

I was just being lazy & hoping someone might have already done this & new what the polarity of the wires was.
Ill pull the head unit out after snow season & check.
There are no markings on my speakers.

check the modifieldlife site.

Yes i did, but the colours at the speakers dont match what is on that site.
i have a manual on cd that has a wiring diagram (and the wire colours are what i have) but it doesnt state which is positive & negative.
ill just have to pull unit out of dash & chase the wires out to the speakers to make sure it is correct.

Back