Geolandar A/T GO15

Probably a bit higher than what stated on your door. The way to find out without bothering with chalk is by using IR thermometer. My stock values are 32/30 and my old AT-S are a bit underinflated for road driving at those pressures. Optimal is 35 psi.

SO, yes, I am with Nachaluva. I would guess that 34-35 is best. Generally Subaru recommends, if I remember correctly, 1 psi increase in the rear for every 50 lb of cargo in the back. Keeping the tires at 34 psi will allow you to drive dirt roads without airing down for comfort.

AND, 29-30 is definitely too low. You risk prematurely wearing the tire PLUS overheating it, thus shortening its life even further.

Off-road, I would not go lower than 28 psi under most conditions since the tire only has 2 ply sidewalls. If you need lower pressures, you will know it (sand, rock).

I have COntinental AT on order, stock size, to replace my aging AT-S, which I cannot wait to replace anyway. I plan on using them for most off-road under the above guidelines, only using my oversize TA KO2s for the more challenging trails.

When I bought the GO15 225/70/16 the Tyres & More dealer suggested 38psi to improve tyre wear. All depends on which dealer it seems!

I have been running the Geolander G015's on my 5th Gen Outback for a little more than a year now. I have had no problems and am very happy with them. No problems going anywhere I want to , including 8" of snow last winter.

XyLtpMy.jpg

8Pj5Fmc.jpg

Middleage
What temps are you looking for as a guide to good tyre pressure with the ir thermometer?
Greensuby

I couldn't do 34 psi, I was at 32, aiming to 34 it when I can, but during a rot/balance, the guy was very keen on setting them to 31/30 front/back for my car, everyone around this part of the world is keen on these psi ranges, Im tired of challenging them so it's 31/30 for me from now on, in a way it's good, as my biggest complaint about the car is suspensions, they are too stiff and not very absorbant in my opinion, so adding a bit of absorbing capability to tire's isn't that bad, I even removed the front sway bars to smooth things, so under inflated tire's are along my alley, interestingly, I don't notice much change either way, with both modifications

The tire's hoard an awful amount of small gravels, which cause noise, and potentially damage others when you speed up and let them go

All in all, I love the tire's, they deliver on their promise of being an all-terrain, all-season tire, haven't tried snow yet, but at moderate speeds, on rain, offroad, beautiful tires

Back