• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Metal Detecting

One of these days I'll get a Garret Pro to get started with. It would be so much fun finding what people lose at the beach. Plus with all the beach erosion we've had over the last year, who knows what may be uncovered :lildevil:

Drooling a little over the finds and the locations to check out.

I tried a bit of detecting some years back, have a Tesoro Lobo hiding in a closet somewhere. I didn't have any amazing finds, best that I remember were :

a silver ring that I had lost

a metal ball that I always called my "cannonball" It's a little smaller than a tennis ball. We think it was actually one of the balls used in a ball mill at nearby old mine workings --wow, did the detector scream for that one LOL Almost didn't dig it thinking it was just another tin can

and a small gold nugget somewhere about the size of two stacked US dimes. 2 pennyweight, I think ? Very ordinary looking nugget, but got me a little excited :iconwink:

One of these days I'll get a Garret Pro to get started with. It would be so much fun finding what people lose at the beach. Plus with all the beach erosion we've had over the last year, who knows what may be uncovered :lildevil:

Thats where the addiction starts :lildevil:

My offer is still open to go out for a stroll in the bush, when we can get the ducks to line up :iconwink:

Recent find...
Blanks, unfired.
DSC01549-XL.jpg

DSC01550-XL.jpg

DSC01528-XL.jpg

The last pics stuff was dug here.
DSC01535-X2.jpg

Thank ya.:)
I'm headed to a site today that we just received permission to hunt. There was colonial activity as well as a Revolutionary War battle fought within a few hundred yards so I've got (high)hopes for finding a musket ball or a period button or simiar today. Either one would be a big 1st for me. I'll report back with todays finds and fails.
Have you been diggin' my04tone?

Gidday Tony

That's a real little treasure trove, mate.

Good finds :ebiggrin: :biggrin:.

Some days are good and some not so..

I am busy setting up for bush camping on the goldfields in the Forester, so thats taking up alot of my time right now as well.

Nice collection. Cant wait to hear how you go in the goldfields :biggrin:

I was up there 2 weeks ago it was freezing cold and raining all weekend but i managed to find a few things.

Main finds were a kids 1800's black powder cannon, 2 intact harmonicas (have never found one in tact before) and 1877 Half Penny, an old broach and a bent over cricket buckle i intend to straighten.

10274144_580826488682619_7952368623212062371_n.jpg

Lots of hard work to get them as well lol i am still feeling the hike in the mountains, every hill seems to go up not down and then you have to dig dig dig. Then i see where my ancestors dug and my trek is nothing in comparision.

Its a little bit muddy as well
1532023_10202387786670140_7337968454414970932_n.jpg

Back