19Forester

New User
Car Year
Car Model
Forester Sport
Transmission
CVT
Hello guys!

Ive traded in my 2011 WRX for the 2019 Forester Sport back in October 2018 and i'm loving the car so far. I'm planning to lift it 1.5 front and rear. I've looked around and it pretty much comes down to 2 brands. ADF lift and Subie lift OZ. Both products looks great and received great reviews. I guess it comes down to price as Subie Lift OZ has a slight advantage. But ADF has an advantage in support since its based in the US. Do you guys have any objections or recommendations? i would love to hear your guys thoughts. Thanks.

G'day & Welcome [MENTION=16334]19Forester[/MENTION]

Matt's welding at SubieLiftOz is second to none - I wish I had that skill.

I'm biased because I'm in Oz, but Subie Lift Oz has an awesome reputation and build quality is top notch.

I don't want to get too involved in the whole SLO v ADF thing, but there are multiple differences between the kits (& with customer service too! I pride myself on my customer service):

The main ones are:

• Competitive pricing thanks to the great exchange rate

• FREE express shipping anywhere in the US

• SLO is 1/4” 6mm vs 3/16” 4mm for ADF - 33% thicker & 77% stronger

• SLO has more camber & caster offsets so the handling is better (you can see this in photos of the front spacers)

• SLO uses high grade Australian steel, the biggest exporter of steel in the world. Not cheap Chinese steel

• SLO subframe spacers are high quality 6061 T6 billet alloy, the same alloy that high quality automotive & aircraft components are made from. It's impossible for this to flex. Flex is the main reason for bolts to snap or tear out captive nuts.

• SLO kit has been deliberately designed to be easy to install

• SLO steel spacers are rustproofed in a 5 stage system according to industry standards & a quality car part specific powdercoat is used. I've had his powdercoat analyzed & it's actually an indoor powdercoat designed for furniture

• SLO kits have taken several years of rigorous testing & development on some of the most difficult tracks in Australia. It has received some extreme abuse, including black diamond & double black diamond tracks, and come out on top. They are seriously tough!!

I have tested kits in the harsh Aussie outback on 10,000kms of tough, rutted, corrugated tracks & they performed flawlessly while 3 kits from other manufacturers failed!!

No other manufacturer that I am aware of has done the amount of extreme testing that I have. Patrick doesn't do any tough 4wd tracks, literally none. I have a history of doing high level 4wd tracks that have pushed me & my car & SLO kits to the limit.

Lift Kit 2'' Mlink by Matt Chaplin, on Flickr

I try as much as possible to buy local....

Absolutely. Support local business! (And SLO.. he's local to everyone on here. :D)

Ok then it's settled, Subie Lift OZ for me :). Now onto the next hard decision. Height.
'm between 1.5" and 2" lift. I'm thinking of getting 1.5 rear/front or 2" front/2.5" rear for butt sag issues. Any pros and cons between the two choices? or just mainly the price difference and personal preference? I'm leaning towards the 2" lift but my main concern is more wear and tear and handling. And if i can fit 235 rather than 225 tires if i lift 2", then i'm all for the 2" lift. Any help is appreciated.

I don't have the 2019 model but I do have 2 inch lift from Subi Lift Oz on my 2016 Forester. I've had no issues with it and my Forester has taken me across the Simpson Desert and plenty of other challenging spots.

So, SLO is not quite local to you at all but then again we are part of a global village these days!

Back