Bars for Automatics

Coyotte

Forum Member
This question may have been asked before but I can find no reference.

OUTBACK 2008 2.5i Automatic
with a Subaru fitted TOW PACK

I asked the Subaru dealer about a Bullbar for this vehicle after they had fitted the Tow Pack and was informed that Subaru doe's not recommend them so they should not be fitted.

Hunted around a few of the dealers/makers of Bull , Profile & Nudge Bars and kept coming up with the answer :

Because of the Transmission Cooler that comes with the Tow Pack that even a Nudge Bar can not be fitted let alone any of the others

Anyone know of a way around this ???

Any help would be Appreciated

thanks in advance

Coyotte

G'day Coyotte & :welcome: to ORS.

OUTBACK 2008 2.5i Automatic
with a Subaru fitted TOW PACK

Hunted around a few of the dealers/makers of Bull , Profile & Nudge Bars and kept coming up with the answer :

Because of the Transmission Cooler that comes with the Tow Pack that even a Nudge Bar can not be fitted let alone any of the others

You might want to touch bases with Caddyman. He has a Bullbar on his Outback auto with the Transmission Cooler.

You may also want to contact these guys who specialize in making (& fitting) Bullbars & Nudge Bars for Subarus (if you haven't spoken to them already)
Perhaps they can help.

SubaXtreme

Hope this helps

Regards
Mr Turbo

Hi Coyotte

I have a Subaxtreme Bullbar, with an automatic, but mine is an 03 Model. (Last shape).
The Subaxtreme boys are good to talk to, if you can get them :)

Will be doing so Caddyman
Goulbourn is only a 45 min drive for me and I will get their Sump Guard fitted by them and then seek their advice about a Bullbar.

WOW seen your photos on the 4WD Action site (the Shed )
never relalized that the OutBacks where so capable
The full blown 4WD owners may knock them --- but with half the fuel bill I can easily live with that.

good one

Coyotte

Last edited:
Hi Coyotte,

Just wondering if you had any update on this one? I have an 09 Forester XT-P Automatic and I was wanting to put on the Suba-Xtreme nudge bar... I think it looks great.

Also, what do you guys think between the polished and the powder-coated? My Forester is the Newport Pearl-Blue colour :) I've been told that either option will cost the same amount...

Cheers,

Will
Emp

PS- first post, great website! :ebiggrin:

G'day Empacitator & :welcome: to ORS
Personally I would go for the powder-coated one. That way you don't have to keep on polishing it all the time.

Regards
Mr Turbo

^ yes, I agree; colour matched powder-coated. You can get the full offroad bar for the '09 too you know. One of our club members has it on his 09 XT and it looks great!

Back