scalman

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
2006 3.0R 5EAT Sportshift VDC/VTD LPG
Transmission
5eat Sportshift
So new pajero. is it still good offroader
NEW GENERATION PAJERO SPORT Promotional Video (60sec) [MITSUBISHI MOTORS] - YouTube

2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Unveiled - The Best Family SUV? - YouTube

True. The main advantage of the Pajero Sport over the other SUV-converted pickup trucks is that it has the AWD mode. These SUVs ride great on corrugations, as well, as they are designed to spend more time off-road.

Considering the chassis and suspension is almost identical to the previous challenger model, I'd say it's still great offroad. Have heard good reviews of the traction control too.

The main advantage of the Pajero Sport over the other SUV-converted pickup trucks is that it has the AWD mode.

"Super Select" - same as my Triton except I've got a real stick shift for the transfer case and not a dial ;-)

Not really a Pajero in my book - it doesn’t follow the same recipe that Mitsubishi has based the Pajero on since around 2000 in the Gen3.

But I’m sure if you’re happy to scratch the new paint that it’s still quite capable offroad. The layout resembles the Gen2 Pajero layout of the 90’s - front independent and rear live axle.
[MENTION=114]Kevin[/MENTION], are you sure that your “not a dual” stick shift for the transfer case isn’t just a mechanical switch for the electronic super select system? Our Gen3 has a stick but it’s all electronic!

Cheers

Bennie

super select must be not mechanical because you can just use it on the go on speed no need to stop, thats one advantage that not many other 4x4 have .
those older super selects with center and rear lockers must be pretty good off road
but in these days they can make so good TC systems that it would work wonders off road as well
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MthedyzqDJw"]Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Offroad - YouTube[/ame]

subaru just started using couple diff modes in X mode just now and if they would add couple more modes to it it would be even better i think if TC could work harder or softer that would make all difference on specific surfaces as they showed in video. i think subaru can make that x mode much better then now

[MENTION=114]Kevin[/MENTION], are you sure that your “not a dual” stick shift for the transfer case isn’t just a mechanical switch for the electronic super select system? Our Gen3 has a stick but it’s all electronic!

I can actually "feel" the gears, especially if I try and shift on the fly at the wrong time (I feel the crunch!) ;-) Also the transfer stick moves / vibrates with the transmission; but I will check and confirm. (EDIT - can't easily find a diagram of the transfer case shift stick connection point but I can see the the stick has a ball shape on the bottom end indicating some sort of mechanical connection)

super select must be not mechanical because you can just use it on the go on speed no need to stop,

I can change on the go with my mechanical stick except for low range locked

well on those new pickups they using something called Super Select 2 , which as info say does 40/60 split and not 50/50 like pajero using . then on other older models there can be with R/D lock and without with levers
BS4GJiNl.jpg

but i guees that new TC dont even need lockers anymore of not going superhardcore

at least here all goes that those 3rd gen pajeros are good cars but kinda expensive to fix vs subaru . i would love to try that 3rd pajero with 3.2 DID but then if something go wrong its not that simple to put in on road again
but i like cars that have allready all stuff that you need to go bush , just maybe put more agressive wheels and there you go no mods needed vs some other cars that need lots.

The Super Select of @Kevin is mechanical whereas Super Select II incorporates traction control with the system, hence the need for the dial-type switch. The mechanical one is such a reliable vacuum-operated system in develop since 1991. If problems are encountered, it's very easy to troubleshoot with the stick-selected one.

The Pajero Sport, like the Fortuner, Everest and the MU-X, which are just the SUV/wagon variants of Triton, Hilux, Ranger and D-Max, respectively, are much more comfortable vs their truck counterparts. It helps to have coils in the rear suspension. They engineered these to give the passengers as much comfort as possible.

The Pajero Sport and others are popular in SE Asia because they cost less compared to the bigger SUV counterparts. I am not surprised they are not as popular here as the reason why pickup are popular is the Fringe Benefit Tax exemptions, where one can save at lot on.

Back