EJ202/1 heads on EJ251 block

Subforest72

Forum Member
Car Model
Forester SF5
I recently swapped my EJ202 for an EJ251 that worked perfectly until a tree branch broke the timing case and the crankcase gasket passed through the belt, offset timing and twisted valves :(

I have a pair of EJ201 heads (similar to EJ202 heads) in my garage, I think bolts them on EJ251 engine block

someone has already make it?

the idea is to increase the compression ratio a little

I know him, he's a friend :)

And got his answer in french on another forum :iconwink:

I know him, he's a friend :)

And got his answer in french on another forum :iconwink:

I more precisely created my answer: D

I made the assembly in my forest yesterday, engine block EJ251, cylinder heads EJ202, intake manifold EJ251, throttle body EJ202, injectors EJ251, ECU and crankshaft pignon EJ202 ....

This gives a very torquey engine between 1500 and 4500 laps, but very uncomfortable above 5000 laps

It is a tractor engine, very nice off-road, and also cool driving on the road!

If others ask the question!

Hi guys I'm doing this for my rally car in the UK. Ej251 block with the complete ej201 top ends ie heads manifold injectors running the std ecu. My only concern is that subforest72 mentioned it didn't like to rev over 4500 rpm. My ej201 currently has a cold air intake, 2.25" decat onto a 2.5" prodrive system. It wakes up at 4000rpm when the ecu goes into open loop and pulls harder than it does below 4000rpm. From what I've read in the US the ej251 will rev to 7000rpm without upgraded valve springs and the help of reprofiled camshaft.
Could you elaborate a bit more on what it's doing at 5000rpm. If it hesitates or has a flat spot at 5000rpm at wot it could be detonation due to the bump in compression.

Hi guys any progress update for the ej251/201 frankenmotor now its been on the road for a few months.

Hi guys any progress update for the ej251/201 frankenmotor now its been on the road for a few months.

I have done more than 40 000km since the modification, a lot of trailer of 2200kg on highway, a lot of 4x4 hiking ... I love this engine! : lildevil:

Back