The Devil Went Down to Georgia...

Really looking forward to Brown Mountain some time this summer Carl, with the baby coming in May all of a sudden my days off are busy trying to satisfy my wifes nesting instinct. We will certainly be up in Asheville to show the kid off to the family once he/she is portable.

That's not to say I won't be taking any spontaneous mid-week trips up to mountains...

We'll get there, no hurries, I understand the baby thing x2.:ebiggrin:

If you ever come up mid week and know about it in advance, let me know and I might be able to take a day off.

Update: Good thing we got to wheel on that "road" when we did Carl.
USDA FS Website said:
Partial Closure of Forest Service Road 46 North of Amicalola Falls State Park

Date(s): Jun 24, 2011

Contact(s): Andy Baker, Blue Ridge Ranger District at 706-745-6928

Forest Service Road 46 from Forest Service 46A to Nimblewill Gap is closed due to road maintenance activity until further notice. This forest service road is located north of Amicalola Falls State Park.

Thread resurrection

BTW here is a google map of the trip I did using "my tracks" on my android.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=...426,-84.188156&spn=0.310191,0.441513&t=h&z=11

Feel free to use it as well if you like.

That looked to be a great trip! Exactly the kind of stuff I had in mind when I got my Forester...
Thanks for postin' the map E.J. I'm hoping to get down to Ga. for some exploring this winter.
Did the Forest Service reopen Rd 46 north of Amicalola Falls State Park after last years "maintenance"?

Last edited:
Will do.
I haven't seen all of North Ga., but what I have seen is awesome. The forester should be rite at home.
NoGa.jpg

Back