How to upload track notes into Subaru build-in GPS

It seems that it is hard to find information upload the map of my car build-in gps. I gona to use my HTC TyTn II as gsp device. I just looked at the oziexplore website. I probably will use its ce edition which can be used in windows mobile.

But I need to buy some gps external antenna first. Have any idea where to find cheap ones?

Charlie

I...But I need to buy some gps external antenna first. Have any idea where to find cheap ones?...

eBay for one. Secondly, try www.GPSAustralia.com

They have an online store where you can purchase what your after. If you are going to run it through your PDA, have you thought about using a bluetooth receiver?

What ever you decide on, ensure that it has a Sirf III chipset. These are the latest going at the moment and are very sensitive to weak signals which are great for when you are under vegetation canopies and the like. They also have a much shorted hot and cold boot time to receive and determine a position.

eBay for one. Secondly, try www.GPSAustralia.com

They have an online store where you can purchase what your after. If you are going to run it through your PDA, have you thought about using a bluetooth receiver?

What ever you decide on, ensure that it has a Sirf III chipset. These are the latest going at the moment and are very sensitive to weak signals which are great for when you are under vegetation canopies and the like. They also have a much shorted hot and cold boot time to receive and determine a position.

I have already had PDA in hand which has copolit pre-installed. I think I need to buy an external antenna although it has internal antenna.

I have looked the oziexplorer in detail. It seems that I need to buy both oziexplorer and oziexplorerce version. I need budget approve from my wife first. It seems that I need to work hard in the weekend for my part time business to get enough money to get enough money buy external antenna and oziexplorer.

Charlie

I have looked the oziexplorer in detail. It seems that I need to buy both oziexplorer and oziexplorerce version. Charlie

thats right! if you only plan on using your pda on treks which has a built in gps you won't need to buy another external gps unless you plan on using a laptop. what is the model pda which you are using?

Charlie i use a pda all the time for navigation (see my other post today) and i use GPSdash software https://wimobi.com/gpsdash/overview.ppc2.php. I find it more stable than Oziexplorer which used to 'freeze' on my iMate PDA-N, and it's much cheaper too! (that'll make it easier to negotiate with 'she who must be obeyed' :ebiggrin:

You need to calibrate your own maps - but that just adds more to the satisfaction you get from a successful trip.

vicmap.jpg

Back