2019 Forester

scalman

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
2006 3.0R 5EAT Sportshift VDC/VTD LPG
Transmission
5eat Sportshift
so new Forester 2019. biggest forester yet. no turbo anymore, bu its got some new Dual X mode system on some better models there.

XMODE_1920x1200.jpg

so its 2 extra modes for x mode to be less or more agressive i guess. similar as others 4wd cars do these days.
it will be seen is it any good or is it changes much. maybe it will.
found video as well with new forester showing that new x mode system in action
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAwgwWZuvu4"]The All New 2019 Subaru Forester - Highlights & Features | 2019 Forester - YouTube[/ame]
if that will be real deal as shown in video , even better then normal x mode it could be pretty capable in mud or snow , gravel. i thought subaru needs those kinda things since i saw that on land cruisers. but hose are big and infamous 4wd cars, thou new suzuki AWD cars got something similar couple years ago allready. so its good that subaru doing that as well.
strangely enough those all new stuff with new si drive will get new Forester Sport model with new 18' wheels. but like those are street wheels and car is made for street , and its getting better offroad system for those 18' wheels thou. why ? you wouldnt wanna go offroad with those rims and those tires
AllNewSport_1920x1200.jpg

so new Forester 2019. biggest forester yet. no turbo anymore, bu its got some new Dual X mode system on some better models there.

An XX mode?

Can't wait until they bring out the next version after that..

I think.

I'm not really sure if a XXX mode is a good thing.

I guess the idea would be to only use it if you're in a 'F$@%ed if you do, F&@#ed if you don't' type of situation.

:ugeek::discomonkey::lildevil:

Having just watched the video, I reckon there's only a one, maybe two spots in it I would hesitate on approaching if I was driving a Hyundai Accent.

And those cars are horrible (the Hyundai. I know, I've got one as a work car.)

In fact, I reckon I could do all of it in my SVX in it's current state (might have to hit the muddy bits at speed!)

That car looks enormous. 0-100 in 6 months? Approach angle doesn’t look good, agreed. Probably a really good car if you don’t want to go too far off road, overtake anything or tow anything.

An XX mode?

Can't wait until they bring out the next version after that..

I think.

I'm not really sure if a XXX mode is a good thing.

I guess the idea would be to only use it if you're in a 'F$@%ed if you do, F&@#ed if you don't' type of situation.

:ugeek::discomonkey::lildevil:

XXXX would be the bees knees though Ben, it would be made in QLD. :lol: :lol:

Well, good to see that dual snow/dirt and deep snow/mud function. It underlines what the car is meant to do. No moguls and no rocks.

The approach angle of a 2005 Forester is just under 25. This one won't be less than 23. From experience, 23 is the minimum to prevent embarrassment on VERY mild terrain and the next threshold is around 30. Then you get into Wrangler/Defender only territory above 40. So, whether you have 23 or 25...eh.

The lack of turbo...that one hurts.

XXXX would be the bees knees though Ben, it would be made in QLD. :lol: :lol:

XXXX mode kicks in when your bogged to the eyeballs. :ebiggrin:

:thumbsup:

And when that doesn't work you switch to Bundy mode :iconwink:

(actually I'd go Bundy mode first!)

well dirt is small rocks. and we all know those things from what toyota showed before with their traction control. just here its just 2 modes not 4,5 like in those big cars, still my guessing is one mode is more agressive and other less then normal x mode. so in all its kinda 3 modes of x mode. i think its great thing and when people will start to lift them and put bigger tires and change front bumper it could show its potential. as in video man drove into mud and go stuck , but he was going on x mode anyway, so normal x mode wasnt good enough and he engaged mud mode and got out. wonder how much of that is true but on toyotas 4wd those things really works, so maybe that will work here too. just why put that into Sport model. ? and i dont like those red lines all over car. looks like car for teens like tuned by themselfs. not like serious car. so that normal model without those reds looks better.
but its bigger so must be more comfy as well so it would be good for camping
giphy.gif

i like how rear looks really modern and nice lights styling. looks nothing like forester more like bigger 4wds.
explaining x mode
giphy.gif

8.7' ground clearance is not bad . if bigger tires would fit there it would grow even higher
giphy.gif

snow dirt must be mode where x mod works lighter means to find best grip and dont spin wheels.
giphy.gif

thats how much wider it is
giphy.gif

more space on rear seats as well. well compare to asian people.
giphy.gif

become smart car. now it looks at you inside car and says hello. i dont like ideas of cars spying on you inside car.
giphy.gif

better in corners at high speed
giphy.gif

we all need VDC on road
giphy.gif

that what subaru are famous for. everything low and in center
giphy.gif

Last edited:
The new Subarus have lost their soul. If I had to choose a new car today, it would probably be an old Forester (!) or even maybe the new Jimny...but the Jimny is a bit small for a family of 4 !

Yh jimny is more like 2 small person and 2 shoping bags.
I like new forester more then last years or before that. It changed long time ago if compare to first gens.

I think the red highlights look ridiculous but other than that I am sure it will go a lot of spaces that people don't expect it to.

As most subaru does. Just not much power . why they make sport model and no turbo for all that sportyness?
180hp is not bad but nothing amazing. For more relaxed driving not so much Sport going fast with those red lines around.

Yes, I think they thought that no one would notice if they added the red lines.

I agree that it would be good to add a more powerful engine as an option but for day to day driving the current non-turbo isn't too bad. It won't win any races but I don't drive around thinking how it needs more power either. I think this new model has a slightly more powerful engine than the current 2.5L n/a but from memory its a bit heavier as well.

Maybe they will add another engine option later on.

The new Subarus have lost their soul. If I had to choose a new car today, it would probably be an old Forester (!) or even maybe the new Jimny...but the Jimny is a bit small for a family of 4 !
Noooo. Not lost their soul. Sure they dont look as rugged anymore and dont have low range. But surely we haven't lost our soul?

Eh, I can see where you are coming from, but the new Subarus are much better in a number of objective metrics, from safety to built quality, so...

Of course, what we like is very subjective. My current ride has no soul but it does what my Subarus never could. However, it would sure be nice to have an older turbo Subaru for a daily driver...

You can pair a family Subaru with an older fun mobile or you can pair an expedition vehicle with an older fun Subaru DD...

At least, I still have the Tribeca to soothe my soul in corners and when, by chance, a few drops of water fall from the sky. Few people realize that the Tribeca is still a Subaru, plus high performance tires and brakes go a long way.

My daily driver is 2 years old. My forester is 14 years old and my wrx 19 years old. The new car has more features, but it’s nowhere near as nice to drive. For shear driving pleasure, the wrx is a mile in front. It accelerates, brakes and handles way better, and it has the best primary safety. The Forester has the best ride and copes with bumps and speed humps best. It’s unbeatable for torque and cruising. And off road obviously.

not bad review. it looks big car from any corner. so sport is top of the line now. better then premium , because only it has dual X mode . thats weird. like why sport mode should be better offroad.. ?
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkox0WBFkHY"]2019 Subaru Forester Sport Review - YouTube[/ame]

and that test offroad course was a joke , i mean really this was off road course... lol you could drive there like with any car i guess.

For the vast majority, a liberty wagon would be the go. At least then you can get an h6 engine.

Back