Meryla State Forest 29/4/18

Rally

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
WRX
Transmission
6 Speed
I am planning a day trip to the Meryla SF in the NSW Southern Highlands on the 29th April. You will need a sump guard. Anyone interested in coming?

I would love to, but I am not yet capable of fording the Pacific Ocean....

Have fun!

Well book a flight over and join us that way. Chance to see the world and have some fun.

I think Kevin and I must be the only blokes on this forum living in Sydney who take Subarus off road.

If I was anywhere close I'd be there for sure, but I ain't nowhere close.
I was just thinking how for once it sucks being up here, so far away from other fans of offroading subarus!
I mean, melbournes only a few hours drive from you isn't it? how come no melbournians up fo a trip? We drive further for surf carnivals!

i googled place and it looks cool to explore. have fun there and make some pics and/or videos. what is called forest in australia is so diff then our forests. more dry warmer and most important tracks are interesting there.
2-4hrs driving is nothing. i do that for pleasure. if i would be some 4hrs driving from you i would join as well. now im more like 4 days haha. even with plane soooo far.

I mean, melbournes only a few hours drive from you isn't it? how come no melbournians up fo a trip? We drive further for surf carnivals!

Melbourne is a bit too far for members to travel and participate in a Sydney day trip! It's about 900 kilometres away. :iconwink:

While we are on it, I am taking the kids on a solo trip to the most remote area of the lower 48 states in a few weeks.

But I have a 3 car/5 people reservation for the four campsites, two of which are particularly precious:iconwink:

Just that nobody else is willing to drive one of those routes in a day...

Melbourne is a bit too far for members to travel and participate in a Sydney day trip! It's about 900 kilometres away. :iconwink:

An overnighter then.. As I said, we travel further for surf carnivals!

Do you think this will be something that a real newbie could join in on?

I have a bog-standard SF but with a skid plate. No lift, all weather but not AT tyres, no skill or experience other than some rocky fire roads around the snowys and Tas, pretty much all in the dry.

Not sure if I could get a leave pass for the day, but if you reckon I can learn something and not trash the car, I can try to get the ball rolling.

I have a bog-standard SF but with a skid plate. No lift, all weather but not AT tyres, no skill or experience other than some rocky fire roads around the snowys and Tas, pretty much all in the dry.

Not sure if I could get a leave pass for the day, but if you reckon I can learn something and not trash the car, I can try to get the ball rolling.

You will need a sump guard.

Sump guard = skid plate nine times out of 10 I think...

Looks like you're set!

(Rally uses road tyres too and his vehicle is probably the most capable of them all..)

I'm keen for a Sydney meet up. I can't make the 29th of April. But another time would be great.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

There is an event on this weekend at Belanglo SF. Most are only doing the Saturday, but a small number are staying overnight. You can come to that if you want

I need finish reflooring my hall way. So the few weekends are out unfortunately.

Fair enough. I try and do that stuff in the off season, as this time of year is the best for camping. There is another camping trip planned for mid May

Sorry, somehow I missed this post. So maybe too late. You are welcome to join us. You have to start learning somewhere

Sorry, somehow I missed this post. So maybe too late. You are welcome to join us. You have to start learning somewhere

No worries, i hope you guys had a good one! I got the car into a spot that I'd been thinking about for ages, a few scuffs on the skid plate, got to some good rock climbing routes, everyone including the car home safely. Win!

Back