SubieLiftOz

I take it in the most recent kits your subframe spacer stacks on top of the OEM spacer.

With the steel offset strut top spacers, how do you ensure the tensile strength of the bolts is not altered when they are welded in place?

Have you got a website yet?
Would be great to have a link in the first post and in your sig.

Fantastic looking kits Matt, and I'm amazed with the low price at which you have managed to offer them.

Thanks mate, I'm pretty happy with it! :biggrin:

Yes, the subframe spacer has to go top of the OEM one. I don't think the tensile strength will be affected much, its only a little spot weld on each side. I can take the nut off by hand immediately after welding so there's not that much heat transfer.

I'll definitely be doing a website, just have to get some time lol.

I've tried very hard to keep the prices down, unfortunately a couple of items have blown the budget, so I'll have to redo a price list. All those who preordered got it at the lower price...

Looks fantastic, saving my pennies to hopefully place an order in the near future. Unfortunately a few other priorities before a lift kit :-(

***CHRISTMAS SALE!!!*** ***CHRISTMAS SALE!!!*** ***CHRISTMAS SALE!!!***

I have a CHRISTMAS SALE on until the end of December!

10% off 1" & 2" strut top spacers, trailing arm spacers & subframe kits!!!

Saggy butt spacers, set of 2 plus bolts - $59 delivered.
1" strut top spacers, set of 4 plus bolts - $99 delivered.
2" trailing arm spacer set, set of 2 plus bolts - $119 delivered.
2" lift kit with camber & caster offset & rear trailing arm spacers (SF/SG Foz, Gen 1/2 Lib, etc) - $425 PP
2" lift kit with camber & caster offset & subframe spacer kit (SH/SJ Fox; Gen 5 Lib, etc) - $530 PP

Only until the end of December! Grab a BARGAIN!!!

December was crazy, with the kits flying out the door! I sold out of the 1" SF/SG Gen2 Lib kits, but I'm happy to report there's a new batch back in!

I'll have to post up some of the customer's cars, in the meantime, here's a nice one of Ross's awesome SJ XT with a 2" lift kit:

Hello, I'm new to this page. I've been lurking reading all of the stuff on here and it's great. I have a 2005 XT and want to start using it more, go on to the beach and up some tracks.

I am very interested in getting one of your 2" kits. Is it as simple as it sounds? Just bolt in the steel strut top spacers and the trailing arm spacers and away I go? Is there any issues with brake lines or sway bars etc?

And how much are they going for now?

Cheers
Mike

Hey Mike, Yep there's lots of nice builds on here. Definitely the forum for learning how to build your Subie into a great offroader!

Is it as simple as it sounds? Just bolt in the steel strut top spacers and the trailing arm spacers and away I go? Is there any issues with brake lines or sway bars etc?

Yep, it's that simple! You'll need a wheel alignment & rear camber bolts, available from the aligner. There's no issues with the brake lines or swaybars on a SF or SG Foz, it's only the later models that need a bracket extension.

I'll message you for details :)

Deets on a 2" lift and said bracket adjustments for an SH? Would probably keep it simple with a 1" though, assuming I can fit ~29" in there with a 1" lift

^ a 1" lift should be adequate for an SH. You don't want to exacerbate the (IMHO) already unacceptable body roll we have with our SH ....

Fit a good sump guard for the scrapey parts ... ;).

^ a 1" lift should be adequate for an SH. You don't want to exacerbate the (IMHO) already unacceptable body roll we have with our SH ....

Fit a good sump guard for the scrapey parts ... ;).

I have a 19mm rear sway bar and the anti lift bushes on the front control arms for handeling so 1" should be fine, just if it will fit 235/65/17 is the next step.

I have a second hand Ali bash plate that I will need to fit up at some stage but so far zero issues with stock one and sti lip

You'll barely notice any extra body roll with a 1" lift, Subies have such a low centre of gravity. Esp with the handling improvements you've done.

225/65/17 or 225/70/16, both 28.5", will fit fine with a 2" lift, might have a little rubbing with a 1" kit. Might need some trimming.

I'll PM you for details :)

Do you have any lift ideas for 2011 Legacy? I would love gain a bit of clearance...say 1" or 2".

Wow, been so long since I posted in here!! Time for an update...

I now have 1" & 2" lift kits for:

All models of Forester
All models of Outback
All models of Impreza
All models of XV Crosstrek
Tribeca coming soon!

They are CAD designed & CNC laser cut 6mm steel, & professionally rustproofed in a 5 stage bath then powdercoated

Older models use trailing arm spacers, these are for SF/SG Forester, GC/GD Impreza; gen 2 Outback:
2'' Trailing Arm Spacer V4 1

CAD designed & CNC laser cut 6mm steel
2'' Trailing Arm Spacer V4 02

Gen 3, gen 4 trailing arm spacers, tricky design!
20170112_180442

Newer models with the multilink rear suspension need a rear subframe spacer kit. This is how part of the kit looks fitted:
Subframe 2'' main & front spacers Fitted 02-2

The new design of CNC laser cut 6mm subframe front support spacer. These have been tacked in the jig & are ready for welding
20170109_125616

Hi
after the long process of the aquisition and shipping from Australia to Transylvania, I am happy and anxious to take the lift kit and my Subie + some more extra stuff to the dealer's service for the lift modification.
Extra stuff means Sparco Terra wheels 7" with +35 ET, BFGoddrich AT KO2 tyres, King springs
I shall post some pics in the weekend or next week.

Regards.

NachaLuva: Hadn't seen this dedicated thread yet. Brilliant that you've covered the whole range of models and years! Makes me wish I didn't already have a lift. ;)

Funny that OffWhite dared to get the sparkling white Terra wheels. Pretty much everybody else I've seen, including me, picked the more dirt-hiding gray/grey version. But white is the proper color for rally wheels. :ebiggrin:

Back