Vehicle X

O3FVgLGh.jpg
e2HGLbmh.jpg
Coming soon..

Hrw6j8H.jpg

Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet, Would look pretty wild with a lift and some muddies on it..
:monkeydance:

Last thing I would do is put another svx gearbox in it, they're not the beast.

If/when the gearbox dies I'm going manual, or newer less explosive auto.

Haven't done the brake lines yet. :(

Just replaced the brake lines. Well, I didn't do it, I paid someone to make them up for me. Nice braided ones, 'bling' version as the guy said. Not cheap but won't need doing again and can handle a bit more pressure than standard brake lines.
Now for the bleeding bleeding!
Front Right, Rear Left, Front Left Rear Right.
Or that's what everyone seems to think.
Then new tyres, going to stick with the RE003s for a bit, not like I'm going to be rock climbing with it. :)
Next step after this is registering it.
Then gas the aircon.
Then some tunes as the radio is a bit cactus.

Good news !
When I bleed my brakes, I start with the furthest and finish with the nearest from the ABS pump.

That's the actual instruction from a workshop manual. I guess now I should change my bleeding ways for my Subaru.

Have you, at any point in time, used that method, @Kevin? Cheers.

Have you, at any point in time, used that method, @Kevin?

Always! If I recall correctly, from a far far distant past, I think I read this procedure was because of brake force distribution valves(?) I could be wrong with that memory of course! It may have even been before I first went with Subaru in 1997.

I read somewhere on an SVX forum that it's pretty important to bleed the brakes in the right sequence. No idea why though.

That makes sense, actually, @Kevin. It helps in helping the EBD chip in sync without the need for resetting and/or calibration. Thanks for the info!

Thanks @Kevin never knew that!

The idea of bleeding in the correct sequence is to push trapped air out. If it's done in the wrong sequence it "can" push an air bubble into the line you've just bled

Always! If I recall correctly, from a far far distant past, I think I read this procedure was because of brake force distribution valves(?) I could be wrong with that memory of course! It may have even been before I first went with Subaru in 1997.

It's just the logic of it.

Bleed closest nipple first, then the furthest for each half of the split braking system.

Before the advent of split systems back in the 1960s (from BMC), one bled closest to furthest. This removes air from the line most likely to contain air first, minimising the likliehood of developing any airlocks in lines that are 1) longer, and 2) less likely to have air in them initially. The rear lines have also had pressure limiting and/or distribution valves since around the same time. This can make rear lines more difficult to bleed.

Last edited:
^ Kevin, IIRC to Morris 1100 was the first using front discs/rear drums, with a pressure limiting valve in the rear brake line. However, that depends on my memory of things 55 years ago being accurate ... definitely not a given!

^ Kevin, IIRC to Morris 1100 was the first using front discs/rear drums, with a pressure limiting valve in the rear brake line. However, that depends on my memory of things 55 years ago being accurate ... definitely not a given!
Jaguar were one of the first to have brake discs , they even had a warning signs on the rear bumper to let following traffic know .
From memory it was a red triangle within the bumper saying "BRAKE DISCS" on the mkII .
I also could be wrong at 47 yrs ...... Methanol propelled dementure .

Last edited:
From memory it was a red triangle within the bumper saying "BRAKE DISCS" on the mkII .
It would be nice to see a restored sample with the warning sign preserved/restored, as well. Maybe they are not confident with the tech yet as the discs are, be design, weaker than the drums or it can just be some sort of marketing like when older Toyota Corollas and their 16-valve 5-speed sticker on the rear doors. Haha.

I also could be wrong at 47 yrs ...... Methanol propelled dementure .

^😀

I remember those warning signs as well! I also remember what a PIA it was to change the rear inboard discs on a friend's E-Type; actually to perform any work on an E-Type was a real PIA.

^ you have to know exactly what you are doing with an E-Type, otherwise you are in a world of pain. There are two ways to change the clutch plate - the obvious way, and the simple way ... :poke: :nod:.

Back