Outback AWD to Burralow Creek?

juliefraser2006

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
CVT
We are planning to go to Burralow Campground in NSW (near Kurrajong) in our Subaru Outback 2016, but the NPWS site says it is strictly 4WD.

https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.a...c-area/visitor-info#Getting-there-and-parking

Having watched a video on YouTube posted by someone driving in, it doesn't look terribly challenging, but that video was 2 years ago.

Has anyone been to Burralow Campground (from the Sydney end, i.e. Burralow Road and then Tabaraga Ridge fire trail) in a Subaru Outback and how did you go? Any pointers?

The "4WD Treks Close to Sydney" book i have has that trek rated as easy (suitable for AWD). Although the book was published in 2013. But yes i think it will no problem at all.

Thanks guys, that's good to know.
I'm still trying to get my head around all the offroad Subaru groups. I've come across this thread (Offroadsubarus.com), Offroading Subarus on Facebook, Subarus Offroad Australia on Facebook, and Subaru4wdclub.com. Not sure what the difference is between all of them.

Well the first 3 are online groups whereas the Subaru4WDClub is actually the NSW Subaru and Recreational 4WD club, a registered club that started in the '70s (as the Subaru Car Club) and welcomes all 4WD / AWD vehicles and meets once a month at Ermington and schedules regular trips and events; you have to be a paid-up member to get inside that website. I and others here are members of that club.

It's not too challenging. I regularly take my Hiace campervan down to Burralow Creek which has less clearance than my forester. I saw some kids in a Magna camping there last time. An Outback will be in it's element.

Back