ratters

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
L Series
Transmission
5MT
Hi guys,

So I finally got sick of the metal bar digging into my back and the collapsed springs making me sit like a grandma behind steering wheel and decided it was time to sort things out. I didn't like my chances of finding decent L series seats so went with something a little newer and could not be happier!

SG9 Forester seats are a very good fit and look great too IMO. Fitment was not too hard either. The front 2 brackets on the SG9 seats already line up pretty much, one only needed a slight bend and the other cut shorter with a new hole drilled. The rear brackets were totally different so I cut them off the rails and welded the brackets from the old seats on, and that was pretty much all there was to it.

They do sit a fair bit higher as well, not too much though, although if I wind the seat height adjuster right up my head is almost touching the roof :lol:

Wish I did this years ago!

Cheers,
ratters

xolfTHAQEm9xQRgS5mF61n3Xu_Mv3FFJQRfreHS3yTSJVBHawdicRSwwpcEjZ1qvRgr04LkNkx35QO2RSZbGi7roZCxCNcIRHVGEx89CIFg5Ilq59ZvUzY3f-Bmg1kc9jr9EFFDkx14=w528-h937-no

S1xJAhK0JZ6c0jSDiHQ9veBvO_d4diccmrlpzdrkUWPmk2IjXiWE9AsvFL4YnrCO2onDFG2mksX419Peg2fjMBw01XF82Mb9p326Cf7VMuA99aYgznJFCcKfP6nnEAoCCjMNHrt43SM=w528-h937-no

Last edited:
[MENTION=15927]ratters[/MENTION] Those pics won't show unless logged into Google account; is there a way to make them public?

Oops! Sorry thanks for pointing that out, should be OK now but let me know!

Yes you can share google photos publicly, it involves first making a public album and then grabbing the individual image URL from within that. Its annoying and convoluted but it works and you don't need to maintain unreliable 3rd party sites like photobucket which obviously had no problem destroying millions of valuable forum posts by trying to monetise previously free hosting.

Cheers,
ratters

Good now - thanks

Looks very flash in an L Series!

Back