Impreza/XV front recovery point

Subychik

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Impreza
Transmission
CVT
Finally have my towbar fitted ( only took 12 months + ) so rear recovery point is sorted but where to I fit a strong recovery point on the front of my 2015 Impreza?

LP Aventure told me to use the tow hook point in the the front bumper. That's not an option for me, it is simply not safe. Is there anywhere underneath like on the subframe maybe?

Subframe would definitely be a better option; but I'm not familiar with the undergarments of an Impreza. Problem also is that unless you can attach something yourself, e.g. by welding, then workshops usually won't do it for you because of crumple zone rules.

I would have said the factory tow hook too, which is rated for towing & gentle recoveries. If you want something stronger, might have to get recovery points custom welded to the subframe or bolted to the chassis

A guy in the Subaru Victoria club has been recovered more times than I can remember in his SH Forester using the front screw in tow eye without any issues.

A guy in the Subaru Victoria club has been recovered more times than I can remember in his SH Forester using the front screw in tow eye without any issues.

My main concern with that is: A) what does this tow eye screw into? and B) Stress fatigue.

I will do some more research on this myself however I don't "plan" on needing to be recovered from seriously stuck situations. I am yet to do any beach driving due to low clearance and manly stick with dirt roads. I do have a set of MaxTrax which I am pretty sure would get me out of most sticky situations. Just wanting to go on 4wd club easy runs which means I need a front recovery point. Best I talk to the clubs I think.

Thanks so much for the advise, guys :):)

Back