Ben Up North

can only hope to improve
Car Year
2004 | 1992
Car Model
SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission
5MT D/R | 4EAT
Haven't finished watching it, but noticed the stickers when Moog pulled the lift kit out of its box.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us4TreIInY8"]Marty's New Project Cars (Please make him Stop!) - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah it’s a good epp and good on [MENTION=2617]NachaLuva[/MENTION]! I bet you’ll be busy after this series!!

I’m looking forward to seeing where they go with this build, offroad motokana??

Cheers

Bennie

Episode two out now
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKfoIYWdLSE"]Subaru OUTFAP - YouTube[/ame]

Good information for those thinking of lifting an outback of that vintage.
They like the SLO kit. :)
They didn't like the sh*^%y shocks they bought off crapbay.

Judging by the video title, they are enjoying doing this a little too much!

Haven't finished watching it, but noticed the stickers when Moog pulled the lift kit out of its box

That's the lift I wanted to get but went with a cheaper one cause money is tight, after watching this video it's obvious that the lift I got is inferior in quality. Definatly going to get the 2 inch one when I have money.

who finishes video without putting on wheels...:raz: looks cool though . with money and right tools you can do anything from anything

Also lots of mates to help you..

who finishes video without putting on wheels...:raz: looks cool though . with money and right tools you can do anything from anything

std wheels will look silly - I'm guessing they're waiting on some decent rims + chunky tyres.

Lack of swaybars suggests they're making if off-road only (no rego).

I wonder what tyres they'll choose, especially considering they're sponsored by Bridgestone...

Lack of swaybars suggests they're making if off-road only (no rego).

I doubt that it won’t be registered.

Cheers

Bennie

I doubt that it won’t be registered.

Cheers

Bennie

then they'll need to get it engineered. You cannot just remove swaybars legally.

Basically covered by:
"Modifications that require assessing and certification:
e. Modifications that produce no change to the vehicle’s ride height involving –
.. ii. changes to the suspension configuration
"

latest episode out.

That definitely 'aint going on the road!

well you cannot do many things legally depends on your area. cannot put lift spacers from outback to legacy and all other things like tube bumpers. but who care it looks cool and wheels are very cool looking . and i would put that size too there with not much cutting and bending i would do it for my car no problems. but exaust is like too much i think. just exaust thing is not legal for roads at all

and all other things like tube bumpers.

I'd love to get a legal tube bumper in Au on my foz. Not going to happen though. :(
I bent and welded up one for my '76 beetle back in the 80's. Looked hot. Looked odd with Cibie Super Oscars mounted on it but I do like excessive amounts of light at night.

latest episode out.

That definitely 'aint going on the road!

I’m starting to think you’ve got some inside info Duncan!

Looks mean. I don’t like the exhaust setup, but that’s personal preference.

I love the bit about the tube bar for protection and extra clearance... then they mount the LED bar under it - with little detail of the further mods of a tube bar lower than this.

Cheers

Bennie

i liked idea how they cut half bumper thats can be still ok on streets im still fine with mine but if i would hang some tubes bam i would get stopped i guess and asked questions so i allways thought more like invisiable version like that just hidden under plastic shelf of cutted bumper so its like not seen from outside but its there and it gives that protection you need. and as they added that light bar and second tube that approach angle got so much worse right away. imagine go into soft mud and all that light bar got under mud and stuff...all cables too. not ideal but its all for looks most. to look cool . those rally style lights on roof rack just cool but could get loud on wind on high speeds.

I’m starting to think you’ve got some inside info Duncan!

Looks mean. I don’t like the exhaust setup, but that’s personal preference.

I love the bit about the tube bar for protection and extra clearance... then they mount the LED bar under it - with little detail of the further mods of a tube bar lower than this.

Cheers

Bennie

yeh - I was really surprised by that. Cut out some awesome clearance with the bumper then pop a LED bar under there! With all that (silly) lighting on the roof, its hardly necessary.

Still - its about the look, not the practicalities.

Shoulda mounted the LED bar in the cut bumper, not under it. :)

My guess is that it's being set up as a pre-runner for rally recon, perhaps something like Baja.

Back