lefty

Forum Member
Car Year
MY05
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
XT lux manual
has anyone fitted a foot sensor tailgate opener on an older forester like SG?
#soccermumshoppingproblems

like this:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgf4u2LVNSo"]Installation instruction for electric tailgate lift foot sensor - YouTube[/ame]

I thought about putting one on my SH. When I pick the kids up from school I'm supposed to stay in the car. I have to wait for the teacher to come to open the tailgate to put the school bags in. If I had one of these I could open it remotely. I looked at them on the internet but the price was unreasonably high so it's one of those things I'd like to have but never will.

My SG rear latch only unlocks. you have to manually open the latch from the rear then physically raise it at the start Not sure how that setup in the video will help you, unless Im missed the bit where you replace the struts and existing latch.

I thought about putting one on my SH. When I pick the kids up from school I'm supposed to stay in the car. I have to wait for the teacher to come to open the tailgate to put the school bags in. If I had one of these I could open it remotely. I looked at them on the internet but the price was unreasonably high so it's one of those things I'd like to have but never will.

Are you for real?! That’s over the top! As if teachers don’t already have enough to do. What’s the reasoning behind that?

Cheers

Bennie

That's how the school does it for the safety of the students. They have a drive through with three teachers on duty before and after school. A teacher looks after one of the three cars at the beginning of the line, opens doors, helps kids out and closes doors. Parents stay in the driver's seat with the engine running, then drive off when all the doors are shut. They even have one of the grounds staff at the road entrance directing traffic to ensure safe pedestrian passage on the footpath that crosses the driveway.

Twice now, I've gotten out and opened the tailgate when the teacher was a bit slow (once there was only 2 teachers on duty) and both times was told, "Please stay in your car, the teacher on duty will look after the doors.

It seems to work well and I've never heard a teacher complain.

I was a Deputy Principal in a former life and I understand the pressure on schools to maintain and document a safe environment. They have to do written risk assessments and traffic management plans for student pick up and set down. What this school should do if the teachers are unhappy is to recruit some parent volunteers and train them to do the job.

Back