Scale model subies

ggvfr

Forum Member
I collect 1/18 and 1/43 scale subies in various forms and figured I'd try posting a photo on the new forum (is it the first photo??)..

Here's a couple I picked up last week...

1999 V-Rally (Rally France) Richard Burns WRC, signed by Burns and teammate Kankunen.
1999 Possum Bourne Saxon Safari

1999subies001tu4.jpg

...and after watching the transformers movie...

transformer004np6.jpg

Just a bit of fun. :cool:

Cheers
Garry

Those are pretty cool! I have a few scale models about but no subies yet. I think the missus would maybe rather them be on the shelf for $20 than in the garage for $20,000 no? Mine would!

Sorry for the bad picture. I usually do better, but I'm pretty tired/lazy today.
These are on my desk at home.

ModelSubbies.jpg

Last edited:
Cool Richard, there aren't many Forester models out there, only seen a couple done as police vehicles.

Cheers
Garry

Here's a collection of 1/43's I mounted up in a bigger display case, includes a dirty Rally Mexico, a Valentino Rossi Monza Rally... Plenty more at home, it gets a bit addictive...

143subarus029xr2.jpg

Has anybody seen models of the most recent Forster and Impreza/WRX/STI? I don't own any, but would love one or two to add color to my desk at work.

^^ lol, nice effect! :D

I have two of these, a white one and a red one (sorry, no pic of the red):
konamiforester_1.jpg

I also have two 1/18 scale WRC Imprezas, but only have a pic of one:
Rally09small.jpg

^^ btw, that pic was taken the day we had our carpeting replaced a couple years ago. I couldn't resist posing the car on the mound of sand we swept up in the living room after the old carpeting was ripped out. :D This is why you can vacuum a carpeted room a dozen times and still suck up dirt! :lol:

I recently picked up that exact same model, along with a Possum Bourne one, the best bit was that the plinth of the Burns/Reid one was signed (during Rally Australia some years ago) by both Burns and his team mate Kankunen..:D

1999subies001tu4.jpg

Cheers
Garry

I have a lot of scale models. I currently have 6 Die cast Subaru's, and 2 Tamiya R C Subarus (Top speed of 40km/h +) I have many other scale models of other cars as well.

My Prized one is a Richard Burns one, 1/18 MY99 WRC. Sadly, Mum dropped it when cleaning, and it nearly broke my heart (yes, some may think I'm lame, but I bought the car when I was 9, and had saved up all my pocket money for close to 4 years to buy it). I still have it as I refuse to throw it out. um doesn't understand the fuss I'm making over it.

I know it isn't a scale model, but here at home, on my wall, is a huge photo of Colin McRae's MY 99 (I think) WRC Impreza at Rally Australia. It has four smaller photos on the bottom of it, including one of him driving it over the 'Bunnings' Jumps. I'll take a photo of it and upload it.

Finally, not a scale model again, however, this man IS my hero. The Late Possum Bourne. I have his autobiography that was released after his death, and through a friend of ours, when at the Rally of Canberra, I got Mark Stacey, his long time Co-Driver to sign the book.

Last edited:
After many years of searching, in the middle of last year I found this on eBay. It is genuine, and was going for a decent price. AutoArt Possum Bourne Rally Car - limited edition.

7214005618_a7a54c93bd_z.jpg

I've got a 1:1 scale model :twisted:

dsc9905rubyscoo.jpg

Too much/doesn't fit the category?? :p

Cheers

Bennie

I have a couple scale Subies. Guess I will have to go play in the dirt with them and take some nice shots since they are Rally cars ;)

-Jamie

Back