mr turbo
30th June 2009, 06:52 AM
G'day & :welcome: to ORS adelaide paul.

Regards
Mr Turbo

carljwnc
30th June 2009, 08:20 AM
:welcome: adelaide paul!!!

Possibly clutch throwout bearing going bad???

eden
30th June 2009, 08:26 AM
it doesn't always mean they need replacing. make sure they're tight. it could also be bearings in the ALT or A/C comp. have you nailed it down to the engine? possibly wheel bearings or fused brake calipers? anyhow good luck and welcome:ebiggrin:

jonbob
1st July 2009, 03:49 AM
Pre-ignition knock?

simxs
2nd July 2009, 01:19 AM
Given that it's an 03 manual, I'd put money on the squeak being from the dual-mass flywheel. They get noisy over time due to lack of lubrication and start to sound like a slipping belt, especially at low revs. I believe Subaru changed back to a conventional flywheel the in following year Forester. I've just had my clutch and flywheel replaced with an Exedy kit (including a solid flywheel) - a bit more driveline vibration but no squeak.

captncruise
2nd July 2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Simon,

I had a Daikin clutch fitted 2000 km ago and the pedal has started to stick. Sometimes I have to flick it with my foot to get it to come up. Have you had any trouble like this?

I am in the Barossa valley on the way to Alice Springs so need to get it fixed. I have someone checking the hydraulics tomorrow but trying to find as much as possible about clutch problems in Suburu Foresters.

Thanks
Graham Jones
captncruise@yahoo.com

simxs
2nd July 2009, 09:14 PM
Hi Graham - I've not had sticking pedal trouble with either the original or Exedy, though like yours my new one has only been on for a couple of thousand kms. Hope they can find and fix the problem for you.