• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

radiator fan cut off switch

jason tincey

Forum Member
ok i am nearly ready to go swiming now i have the snorkel and to day i did the diff breather extentions now all i need to do is radiator fan cut off switch. i have looked all around this forum and sf.org but can't find anything on it.

so just wonder if those of you have installed one come post up pics, how to, note what ever you can to assist me.

thanks jason.

I think the easiest ways would be to interupt the ECU circuit that switches the fans on - if one exists, I have not researched it. Another is to hook into the fan relays and switch them.

The way I did it is too cumbersome. I interupted the fans power at the connections near the radiator and diverted back to a couple of new relays.

^ especially if it gets deeper than you expect - hard to get out mid-stream! :iconwink:

Pretty sure the old Subaxtreme used to market a cut out switch. Maybe you could track down something from them or the new Subaxtreme.

They got out of electricals well before handing the business over. Jody said it was just not worth it.

If you can just pull a fuse, why cant the switch just be wired in from the fuse box to cut the power to the fuse? Or does this effect other things on the same circuit?

The 2 x 20 AMP fuses are in the engine bay fuse box and may be a bit difficult to get under it to wire it up. Having been on Stockton beach on Saturday I'm now thinking a "permanent on" switch would be good too.

Jason T - did you switch earth or positive? Subaru usually switches earth?

Back