PDA

View Full Version : What does this switch do?

Esiotrot
3rd June 2009, 01:56 PM
Hi All,

Our Subaru is a *** import- it has a switch on the centre console that says 'A/P' and has a fan picture on it... it doesn't appear to do anything when switched in either direction. Anyone have any ideas what it does or should do?

Would appreciate the help, ta in advance!

Bumper
3rd June 2009, 06:41 PM
The only switc I have is to te rear of the gear shift in my auto, and is for a gear holder. My switch pic is actually of a snow flake.

Is your vehicle auto/manual? Does anything ligt up on the dash? If you are in 2nd gear (in the auto) and flick the switch does a little symbol come up on the dash?

I wonder if it may be used to turn the fan off for water crossings?

By the way...:welcome:

jonbob
4th June 2009, 05:48 AM
The little snowflake button next to the gear selecter on the older Subarus autos was to force the auto to start in second gear, and reduce wheelspin on icy roads.

Perhaps this is the button?

paffoh
4th June 2009, 06:00 AM
Ahhh that explains a few things, cheers.

Esiotrot
4th June 2009, 06:12 AM
It's a manual... had another look at the pic- definately a fan. There is a tiny light on the switch- when it's pressed it lights up orange for around 2 seconds, then goes out again. I've tried it whilst in every gear, with and without air-con, heating... same reaction every time (or rather, lack of) i'm all out of ideas!

The mystery continues...

mr turbo
4th June 2009, 08:04 AM
G'day Esiotrot & :welcome: to ORS.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Beigewagon
4th June 2009, 07:46 PM
Esiotrot,

Just to help us help you, what model Subaru is it? What year is it?

Beigewagon.

Kevin
5th June 2009, 01:02 AM
I'm sure I've seen this question asked on a forum before! I spent 20 mins last night trying to find the posts without luck.

nipper
5th June 2009, 02:53 AM
I'm sure I've seen this question asked on a forum before! I spent 20 mins last night trying to find the posts without luck.

i thought the same thing.

nipper

eden
5th June 2009, 04:52 AM
welcome Esiotrot:ebiggrin: can you post a few pics up? what year/model is your car? FOZ, OB or other?

MountainBiker
5th June 2009, 07:07 PM
Yes, a picture of button would really help out.

silver
5th June 2009, 11:42 PM
Unless you live in Japan, all Subies are *** imports.:)
Maybe try and fix your details on your posts so we can see where you are from (top right info on the posts). I know it's not it, but the US cars have battery warmers????

PigSti
28th October 2013, 03:25 PM
a switch on the centre console that says 'A/P' and has a fan picture on it... it doesn't appear to do anything when switched in either direction. Anyone have any ideas what it does or should do?

Air Ioniser, DOH!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4199/button7pz.th.jpg ...its for the roof mounted air purifier, lol!

An electrostatic air purifier mounted behind the rear seats on the parcel shelf for the sedan and a combined air purifier/overhead interior light for the wagon. It's for the Subaru Legacy or in reality the Isuzu Aska CX..

Only took 4 years to get an answer! :raspberry::poke::lol:

Kevin
28th October 2013, 05:53 PM
:lol: well done!!

Ratbag
28th October 2013, 07:55 PM
^^ & ^

:rotfl:

From my Batphone

nipper
29th October 2013, 04:32 PM
I thought it was the passive aggressive switch

Rizzo03
13th February 2014, 01:52 AM
I thought it was the passive aggressive switch

If that was the case we'd just sit there stare at it, thinking about flipping it.