• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

4th gen foz

thunder039

Forum Member
https://www.themotorreport.com.au/53764/2014-subaru-forester-spied

check it out! new forester has finally been seen. will have the FB engine like the impreza and will be based on the impreza. doesnt look to shabby keept its ground clearence which is good, but doesnt look that different to the current model. no word yet on transmissions, but i do know subaru have made a cvt for the diesel, weather it will be released with model or not. if it is using the new fb engine i would imagine the auto will be the cvt.
i will cry if they dont have a dual range manaul thought :twisted:

Yeah, i'm with garret on that. Hope it doesn't look like a minivan! Seems that's what most companies are doing to their SUV's. Hell, look what ford did to the explorer! bigger body, smaller tires and less clearance.

I hope they don't ditch the dual range transmission and extra large sunroof like they did with the new Outback/Liberty.

they did in the outback and the new xv is lacking the dual range, lets just hope subaru listen to consumers
I'll 2nd that.
If only car companies would listen too their customers a little more, things would be much, much better, especially for the consumer :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Yeah, i'm with garret on that. Hope it doesn't look like a minivan! Seems that's what most companies are doing to their SUV's. Hell, look what ford did to the explorer! bigger body, smaller tires and less clearance.

Seriously, the explorer wasn't much of an offroader - a family friend's daughter clipped the curb on the way into their driveway. Damage resulted in a shattered tie rod end! How would something like this go offroad? Not well at all in my book. That particular unit was 3 months old at the time.

i hope so! they did in the outback and the new xv is lacking the dual range, lets just hope subaru listen to consumers

They'll drop the dual range as it will most likely have the 6 speed box. Subaru don't see us true subaru fans as "consumers" as we're more likely to buy our subarus second hand - I realise there are some of us out there that go for show room floor new, but realistically, I'd say as many as 90% have their subarus second hand. I know I have with all of mine!

I am hoping to see the dual range transmission but I'm not holding out much hope. Also the new subarus need LARGER tyres - their body sizes now-a-days makes the wheels look too small for the size of the vehicle, it's all out of proportion!

Cheers

Bennie

They'll drop the dual range as it will most likely have the 6 speed box. Subaru don't see us true subaru fans as "consumers" as we're more likely to buy our subarus second hand - I realise there are some of us out there that go for show room floor new, but realistically, I'd say as many as 90% have their subarus second hand. I know I have with all of mine!

I am hoping to see the dual range transmission but I'm not holding out much hope. Also the new subarus need LARGER tyres - their body sizes now-a-days makes the wheels look too small for the size of the vehicle, it's all out of proportion!

Cheers

Bennie

i agree with you bennie i believe they will loose the dual range as i havent read any wear of subaru having a 6 speed dual range.

although at this stage most of these cars wont be taken off raod by most of us subaru enthusist. but at some stage in t= in the near furture they will no longer be brand new and will be up for grabs by people like myself, who will then want the low range.
but i spose car makers dont think of the cars once they have sold them

Hate the way subaru has gone. Not one good car IMO since about 07 or 08. For my taste anyway.

Bigger != Better.

Last edited:
yea i agree i think the last good looking car was the previous impreza which has now been replaced.
i still hope that oneday subaru will bring out a more utility, and offorad vehicle like that of the brumby and the l series were they were made to go offroad

Info is now out from Subaru Aus. All manual models and Turbos are 2ltr with the 2.5 only for CVTs. No mention of dual range but has 'Xmode' or similar which does something for off road stuff. Power tailgate, push button start,stop-start engine a few other things.
can check it out here...
https://subaru.com.au/new-forester

I am wondering if 2014 Fozzy has same piece of **** interior building quality as 2009-2013 , or they fixed it ?
----------------------------------------------
BTW i would call this year model Subaru Rav4 (especially from side)

Gidday Tempo

Happy New Year to you and yours, mate.

SWMBO's is an MY10/SH auto Fox ("XS" model trim and equipment here - the best of the N/A range).

I wouldn't say that the interior build quality is poor; BUT I would say that there is evidence of the accountants getting at it everywhere :(! As a retired CPA, I guess I can be as rude about my (ex-) profession as anyone! One should always listen to accountants and marketing people very closely - they are experts at what they do.

However, and it's a very big HOWEVER, one should never allow either to run one's business for one ... If either were any good at being business owners, they wouldn't be bean counters or snake oil salesmen!

Compared with my MY06/SG Fox, lots of little niceties have been left out of the SH, IMNSHO. A dollar saved here; ten dollars there; it's all very obvious to someone skilled in cost accounting. In some ways the interior trim of the SH is better designed (rear door pockets and drink carriers, centre arm rest and table, etc); just not as nice, or as well thought out (no centre dash glove box, etc).

Safety-wise, I reckon that the SH wins hands down. Door frame bolts on the rear doors; rear edge bonnet locks to prevent the rear edge of the bonnet ("hood" to you blokes :iconwink: :cool:) from lifting in a frontal collision.

The SH is far bigger and bulkier all round. However, this makes it a better family car, and even very large/tall people can sit in the back seats in comfort without having to have amputations of any bits, as they do in my SG ... :lol: :rotfl:.

I like the styling of my "second generation" SG better than either the previous models, or the SH and SJ. The "first generation" SG is very nice and "clean" looking, but no dual headlights which I very much appreciated on my Austin Kimberley and our Toyota Camry. These were both far superior to those in my 1993 Impreza. Quite a few other little changes for the better in the 2006 and onwards SG range, IMHO.

Now we have the SJ ... :( :( :( :( ...
I reckon that Subaru have completely lost the plot here.
Bigger even than the SH; fussy styling, reminiscent of a 1966 Mazda ...
No decent engine/tranny combinations. NO WAY would I go back to a gutless 2.0L N/A engine in a car as big and heavy as the SJ. I don't like turbo engines, or auto transmissions. As to the latter, it goes double for CVTs ...
Kind of leaves me out in the cold as far as buying another Subaru Forester goes ... :(.

When i saying piece of **** i may be too much
But simple examples :
1) Whole plastic box around emergancy brak handle are weak and wobbly
2) Plastik on gas gasket opener inside cab fell down at least 3-4 times
3) Ceiling (especially) around cargo area are weak
4) Plastik on side beam in cargo area went out
5) fabric on the seat disheveled (driver seat front area) after 6000 miles
6) Too many noises for 6000 miles car
-----------
But i still like this car for : intown/highway drive quality , offroad capability , awd on slipery road , and i like how its look like (exterior desing)
----------
So if 2014 Forester got interior fixed i think its still good car to buy (for new design we all just need to use to)

I had an SG X (bought new)for a couple of years before i got my SH XT ( my 7th subie & also from new). i changed to the SH for the extra size and the grunt of the turbo for touring with the camper trailer. my main disapointment when i first got the SH was the cheap feeling of the cabin (too many hard plastics) and that the car did not seem to handle as well as the SG (new tyres fixed a lot of that). i havn't had any interior fails in nearly 3 1/2 years and the thing has not been babied either.

i had about 50 000k's on the SG when i traded it in and it had been back three times to the dealer to fix rattles (in the tailgate area) the SH has had two noises. a squeaky seat (fixed with a spray of rp7) and also a rattle in the tailgate area(fixed by dealer)

I know the SH is not everyones cup of tea, it's grown on me and i would not swap back.

and a new subie would not be a subie if it did not have controversial styling and polarise the opinions of the current owners.

when the first Impreza was first released the L series guys ( i was one at the time)were up in arms that i looked too soft, was ugly, too heavy, etc. we just did not have forums then to disscuss it, just monthly club meetings.

I am still not sure about the MY14 first impressions are not good, but i have learned to take a wait and see attitude and hope that it is a better car than a few photo's and specs indicate.

nothing changes, history keeps repeating :)

Back