PDA

View Full Version : 96,000k Service - any additional considerations?

Eastie
31st July 2008, 11:31 PM
Our 05xt is coming up to the big service and to date the only mods have been upsized tryres, new front slotted rotors and driving lights. We've had it since new and as it's a keeper I'm wondering if there's any additional mods worth considering at this time. I've looked at the rear swaybar/end link mods, read reports on upgrading air filters (wheel arch is no good as ours often goes through water) and then there's the possibility of replacing some of the coolant pipes while they are doing the timing belt, etc. Essentially I'm wondering if there's anything in addition to the standard 96,000km service that's worth considering whilst they have it apart?

As for getting the work done I've seen some good reports about URD Automotive (melbourne) on the WRX club so I'll likely head there for the service.

eden
1st August 2008, 05:19 AM
i would definatly do the water pump aswell

Eastie
1st August 2008, 05:57 AM
Thanks Eden. I was thinking it might be wise to replace the radiator hoses (any known problems?) and flushing the radiator but I didn't think about the pump. Any idea what's involved e.g. recondition/replacement?