• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Toyota Carib/Tercel vs Subaru Forester VS Honda CRV

nice. at 1 min he said first carib (white) has welded diff, second one not lockers just open diffs, as it can be seen, 3rd carib older has rear solid axle so more travel but open diffs as well ...
that honda CRV it looks too hard for him in there, overheating AWD system . ... but looks cool with snorkel and roof rack.
welded diff would make others go better too . or locker
later in video he said white forester was with dual range. still when wheels in air there not much you can do , just try get more momentum and diff line next time.
corection that white carib have half welded diff, not fully welded .

there is another video same Carib vs 4x4 offroaders. Surf with all lockers, pajero sport no lockers , lexus on traction control and carib on half welded diff. it can be seen as its not fully locking on hard diagonal
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFDFu_MpDU"]??????? ? ?????????? ??????! Toyota Surf vs Lexus LX470 vs Pajero Sport vs Carib. - YouTube[/ame]
and its good example to show lockers vs open diffs vs traction control

Last edited:
I'll give the medal to the Honda driver for not giving up. :rotfl:

These Russian videos need to be watched on fast forward. It's a bit like watching the tennis.

Honda couldnt give up it had flag and everything lol. To think that so much money and effort put in car that is not any good offroad.
Anyone knows what half welded diff is? They said its like weld just one pair so it still have half turn freedom something like that. Is that mean it feels like normal diff to drive on road ? Hmm

No idea what a half welded diff is, maybe could you ask them as you speak their language ?

i will ask more detail but for now it means that you weld on one teath so there is no way it could pass that teath but until that teath its kinda not locking.

Hmmmmm....this means that on road, you start a corner with an open diff and suddenly it behaves like a locked diff. Must be very funny to drive....! I suppose that he welded 2 teeth of each driven bevel gear.

After viewing the 2nd video, I must say that the Toyota Carib driver has very good skills.

Last edited:
Back