SG9 Forester rear diff mount bushes

ratters

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
L Series
Transmission
5MT
Almost 1 year ago I replaced my outrigger bushes, swaybar links and rear diff mount bushes in my 2006 Forester, heck of a job but well worth it the car felt like new after that.

But now the rear diff is thumping again as hard as ever, and I assume the blue 'Super Pro' diff mount bushes have not held up. I was actually a bit skeptical of them when I put them in due to the strange hexagonal shape but went with it any way.

They were listed as being for all SG9 models but does anyone know if perhaps that was incorrect and I might have used the wrong part? I just don't think its acceptable that a set of bushes goes bad that quickly for regular city driving in less than a year.

I think I will have to replace them again soon and will probably go with a Nolathane or genuine even but its highly annoying. :madred:

Recommendations highly welcome!

Cheers,
ratters

Super Pro bushes are polyurethane, right? That's unusual but that may be due to the design, as you've said.

I used Whiteline on my previous Subaru, which is now owned by my brother, and that is still holding up pretty well. I used it on the front lower control arm rear bush.

Most Subaru mechanics would just go genuine. I am considering Nolathane but I have to do it to the whole car, making the ride somewhat harsher. You can't go wrong with genuine, though. If they are produced recently, there is a good chance that they are already using modern composition. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back