• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Lift Pattern (DIY Lift Kit Information)

Nothing to right click on. This is what I see:
capture.jpg

Mr Turbo has pm'd me with an image/drawing.

Forgot I had these kicking around, but thought they might come in handy for someone looking to fab their own lift blocks / plates. Some notes on these:

• The images are previews of what's in the attached .zip files. The .zip files contain .dxf-format drawings of the strut spacers. Unfortunately, the .dxf files do not have dimensions. Sorry about that. If someone who actually knows how to use CAD software properly could correct this, I'm sure it would be appreciated.
  • SF- and SG-series Foresters use the same front spacer. Rear spacers are different. Check the filenames to be sure that you're using the correct one for your vehicle.
  • None of these take bolt offset for camber correction into account. Again, this would be a project for someone who actually knows what they're doing to add in.
  • I've lost the email from the person who sent these to me originally. I'm more than happy to give them credit for these; unfortunately, I don't know who they were.

SF- and SG-series front strut spacer plate:

whFgH.jpg

SF-series rear strut spacer plate:

pyKLP.jpg

SG-series rear strut spacer plate:

4Qmxm.jpg

Hope these are helpful to someone as a template for making their own.

Attachments

• SF and SG Front Spacer Plate.dxf.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 475
  • SF Rear Spacer Plate.dxf.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 260
  • SG Rear Spacer Plate.dxf.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 236
Making some spacers this week, thought I'd share what a friend made for me from the cad files above.

SF / SG front 1:1 scale printable template

SF rear 1:1 scale printable template

Attachments

• SF and SG Front Spacer Plate 1-1 printable.zip
    46.9 KB · Views: 346
  • SF Rear Spacer Plate 1-1 printable.zip
    47 KB · Views: 258
Sorry but i don't. I'm fabing my lift at the moment and a friend made these for me from the CAD files casm posted.

Thanks for the input guys. isd, best of luck with your fabrication and install. NachaLuva, from what I've seen the SG rear spacer seem to be a different shape, rounded on the one side and squared off on the other just as casm posted on the previous page. However do you think the triangular shaped spacer will work if the central hole is enlarged? Have never seen the SG rear top hat shape, so have no idea what it should look like.

Any one got metric dimensions?
Forgot I had these kicking around, but thought they might come in handy for someone looking to fab their own lift blocks / plates. Some notes on these:

• The images are previews of what's in the attached .zip files. The .zip files contain .dxf-format drawings of the strut spacers. Unfortunately, the .dxf files do not have dimensions. Sorry about that. If someone who actually knows how to use CAD software properly could correct this, I'm sure it would be appreciated.
  • SF- and SG-series Foresters use the same front spacer. Rear spacers are different. Check the filenames to be sure that you're using the correct one for your vehicle.
  • None of these take bolt offset for camber correction into account. Again, this would be a project for someone who actually knows what they're doing to add in.
  • I've lost the email from the person who sent these to me originally. I'm more than happy to give them credit for these; unfortunately, I don't know who they were.

SF- and SG-series front strut spacer plate:

whFgH.jpg

SF-series rear strut spacer plate:

pyKLP.jpg

SG-series rear strut spacer plate:

4Qmxm.jpg

Hope these are helpful to someone as a template for making their own.

Any chance of a pattern for a 97 outback anywhere?? I know some type of forester strut bolts in, but you had to change the top mount on the rear strut for bolting into an outback?.. Sorry if the info is somewhere, I searched but couldn't find a clear answer. Thanks in advance!
-bobby

Hey gang sorry for bringing up a dead post but would anyone have the measurements for a SH front and rear strut spacer?

I purchased a set of HDPE spacer and had them dropped off at a local water jet shop. They able to measure the ones I dropped off but it's going to take a week for him to do up the drawings. Compared to if he had the cad file.

Thanks

I will bite too as im new here . and this was one place google showed me about lift camber and coaster numbers.
I have just simple lift spacers in front and rear no other spacers used . but im interesting why i didint get camber and coaster in it. So i wanna do it myself. But do i need it? Now im using smaller bolts on shocks to adjust that angle . so if i would make camber on lift spacers then i could use original bolts on shocks?
I found here camber numbers for foresters only. Does same will be on outback '01 ?

Now im using smaller bolts on shocks to adjust that angle . so if i would make camber on lift spacers then i could use original bolts on shocks?
Don't use smaller bolts, this is what holds the hub onto the strut. If those thinner weaker bolts snap the entire wheel/hub will come off causing a horrible accident!

If you can't have the correct camber offset then use proper aftermarket camber bolts. These need to be good quality 14mm grade 12.9, nothing else...

Top bolts still original just lower ones are just smaller sizr. It was just fast fix at time. And now its like a year almost. I know its bad. But if i make lift spacer with camber it should fix my problems , no ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes spacers with inbuilt camber offset are best but I would swap out the small bolts asap for some proper camber bolts until you do new spacers

Back