2006 Outback 3.0R 180kw VDC project

so new car , new project m new plans for it , and gathering new info what could be done witt it and choosing what fits me

what i bought
OXMsQ80.jpg

how it looked in my yard next day
oiuFyuUl.jpg

changing inside and some outside bulbs to led's
VVOwFlNl.jpg

2bqsM2Kl.jpg

examples for myself how lift would look with my rims and how bumper cut would look
xKiztQ7.jpg

so normal steps for me do lift at least as much as in that pic, and then maybe cut bumper
kKYYJSo.jpg

car how its sits now, how +5cm would look and then +7cm wheel is in the air
would need bigger tires for better look there.
r793dPS.jpg

checked front arches for rust and how it looks, and put some bitumen spray over there , and then put back that plastic cover back
EhSPSDH.jpg

front grill plasti dipped to black
gd8FK4g.jpg

how it looks in dark with some lights
9EkAKza.jpg

please comment too and give some advice if feels like. i need much advices on this new to me car. new engine . new feeling as well. i mean what was that BMW that wanted to go fast from green light ? i couldnt remember because it was so far away behind lol ... this 180kw engine is just some kind of miracle i mean ... wow . its just goes... :oops: i mean that 5 speed sportshift its just something else.

Like the look of the black grill. (y)

I may be talking out my butt ,but heard you can get pretty good gas millage out of the h6 motors !

omg yes i felt that myself as did trips 200 -300km long city mixed with highways and mileage is azmazing compare to my 2.5 2001 well with heavy tires i was getting like best at 15l/100km , now car computer shows my last trip 300km or so it was using just 11.6l/100km average... so its amazing . and i was hitting pedal to metal so many times , i was not doing drive saving fuel or no far from it. and because i was using LPG and not petrol so its 50cent per liter only. petrol is like 1.2 euro per liter now. its crazy
it would change i guess with heavy BFG TA KO2 on it but still would be less , because more powerfull engine can just cruise car on lower revs , less stress less fuel usage. i never had that low revs on those speeds compare to 2.5 2001 outback. and fifth speed ... ohh wow at last its here lol. now highway flying are so silent and on low revs.
i like that screen that shows how many fuel im using real time..

tested VDC first time on 2006 outback. works fine on simple situations and then works better on hard situations then my 2.5 was. but that one had more wheel travel down as without sway bar so it got more grip after all i guess.
i mean in front it got very small travel down maybe just 7cm thats it then wheel is in the air.
wheel that in air would spin much shorter if i would press gas pedal faster but because i wanna catch car in that bad moment its just spins on idle revs freely, as soon as im pressing gas VDC kicks in and wheel is stopped, car moves. but thats just easy part for VDC its no brainer, much harder for it is to get car into hill on angle when just 2 wheels have grip

but it s so low now omg , compare to what i had on 2001 rear cut bumper was like 50cm clearance . now its like so low ,hehe and tires are not biggest that could be too so that takes it more down.
so i need lift just its mixed opinions , ones saying no do more then 1, 1.5 inch , other still selling 2'' lift kit but maybe that 1cm is not so much difference there, i should get more ground clearance after all then 2nd gen as it can take larger wheels on those r17 rims.
so now im not sure hwo to make those spacers work there. if i need to make them 1.5 inch ok i will remake then . but whats wrong with 2'' really ? does it goes off balance so much ? like camber and othr stuff. sway bars need extensions i guess too after lift.

forgot one important thing about VDC and this engine, as i did those uphill tests VDC didint cut engine almost at all i allways had power , that was different with 2.5 model 2001, VDC was cuting engine making it stall and just was giving up. Here though it never gave up and allways was going up sooner or later. so thats whats i wanted , more powet to VDC so it could do better job .. and with this it does so much better job and easier.

Last edited:
You think its cool? I thought maybe change it to my 2001 outback tvo555 , because that one is 555 . Or no need. ?
So learning some more how us and eu models have diff roof rails and front lights , diff bumper too that black like is almost none on us model
O6InEKf.jpg

GtoNUpB.jpg

So they made it much harder to put roof rack on mine as first need those extra rails. Or i need to make some special mounting.

The 555 is much nicer, though.

The SG also has the flush roof rails. I know there are more mounting points if it's not flushed but I prefer my crossbars closer to the roof when touring.

That black lower body protection is easier to maintain than painted ones. It serves good purpose, as well. Cheers.

2nd gen still there too. removed lift and now its on same level as new 3rd gen. thought 3rd gen have smaller wheels just 225/50R17
yVLvHFA.jpg

totally irrelevant, but I think I prefer the 2nd Gen rims.
Will they fit onto the new beast? You could have an offroad set and an onroad set!

Looks good, did he did 2 inch subframe spacers because 3 inch strut spacer? Or strut spacers can be 3inch by themselfs? Everybody saying that 2inch is max in front. Though i drove with 6cm spacers in front. But i think its too much maybe.
What happened with his sway bars then? They gone or they connected to longer links?
I will try 2inch spacers for now and try to figure ouy how to make swat bars still work on lift.

Saw many 3rd gens with 2 gens 16 rims so they must fit. But i like those 17s now so much.
When i saw how this looks
03VKpyUl.jpg

Now i want this look on wheels on mine. Something about being 17 just fits there perfectly looks more like it was made to look like this.wonder how much lift hes doing there, looks 2inch maybe
So then seems like those can take 225/70R16 wheels or 225/60R17 even 225/65R17 with some cuting, some say, but for now i stuck with much smaller wheels 225/50R17 only.

Last edited:
Sub frame drop front and rear keeps the CV angles correct. Strut lifts by themselves will kill your CV's and max out the control arm bushes. Do the job properly and keep the suspension working as it should.

For me, the subframe drop for the BP is mandatory when lifting. It reduces stress even to the vertical rear bush of the front lower control arm, as well. Cheers.

Sub frame drop front and rear keeps the CV angles correct. Strut lifts by themselves will kill your CV's and max out the control arm bushes. Do the job properly and keep the suspension working as it should.
So then those 3rd gens have worse cv angles from 2nd gens? Because i drove 2nd gen without any extra spacers without any problem, and if you need to change those axles more eften then its fine, my most concern are cambers on wheels after lift.
So it works on older imprezas fories outbacks but it doesnt work anymore on BP outbacks?
If ita just for extra angle on cv axles , but maybe its more to it too. Like my driving column died faster as well.
So about those subframe spacers they just for rear yea? I saw some 4 peaces of tube with drilled holes and thats it those are spacers?

Last edited:
8vsIdPm.jpg

like that cockpit lights at night. at last we have red lights on door button too and on all buttons in front not like in 2dn gen , nothing on door was marked and hald buttons in cockpit wasnt as well.

and thats most famous i guess lift kit that most people used for those BP outbacks
Strut-spacers-and-multi-link-spacers.png

so if thos extra multilink spacers for rear then nothing goes in front ?

and for smaller 1.37" lift theres nothing else needed at all just spacers
Legacy%201.375.jpg

strut extension??

rallitek-strut-extension-outback-legacy-2000-2009-baja-2003-2006.jpg

Last edited:
Was searching for lpg leaks as it leaks somewhere into car so took out stuff found that rubber was really bad on those so put new ones and still is leak somewhere
8Nf0OfV.jpg

Did you put in LEDs for your tail lights, as well?

Also, don't forget SubieLiftOZ. It's the one that the MCM guys on the video used to lift their Legacy/Liberty Sedan. They put in the standard subframe spacers from the Outback before they put the lift for the struts and spacers.

Regarding LPG leaks, probably use the soap and water method to detect those? When I used LPG canisters for heating that's always what I used to check for leakage. Haha.

Yes i used soap water with spray bottle but i can only reach that way some places in engine area not other as they covered with other stuff so i cant reach many others. And if i remove air filter part box i could reach more but then car wont start. On 2.5 i Could remove and still run car but not with this engine anymore
No leds for rear lights normal bulbs there and they light so cool. Leds couldnt do that they not so spread. Not those cheaper leds at least.

Back