Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > General Forums > Members Journals

Notices

Unread 13th April 2018, 06:08 AM
can only hope to improve

Year: 2004 | 1992
Model: SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission: 5MT D/R | 4EAT
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

One of the reasons I moved to where I am now, beautiful beaches hardly any people.

Mind you, you can't swim in the ocean 5 months of the year because of the jellies, and the coastal creeks & rivers are full of crocs, so you can't swim in those anytime really.
Unread 13th April 2018, 06:37 AM
Forum Member

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

Here you can swin in that sea maybe 2 month in year when water is warm enough to enjoy it. I mean its maybe beeing +18 celcious and sometimes even less . so its cold cold water even if air is like 20-30 celcious. We have only jellies there but they dont even bite. But i maybe swim there one or two times in summer and thats it. Then go to lakes some large area of lakes is about 150km from me. Buts its all same and all known many years so not exciting for me. How amazing would be to visit areas that others live in there around world.
Yh crocs are scary or snakes large spiders, bears but mostly if you dont bother them they wont bother you is it? I liked croatia areas near sea very much. Its no citys no large building more like villages near sea there. That kinda remoteness i like best and i dont have any of that here. Thats why here you no need take lots food with you in car or drinks or even fridge because shops / petrol stations allways near you. Well small fridge is ok to keep cold drinks maybe.
Unread 17th April 2018, 04:00 PM
Forum Member

Unread 19th April 2018, 04:31 PM
Forum Member

another visit in forest

Unread 20th April 2018, 04:37 PM
Forum Member

lots job today on car. bought new front strut bolts and rear aligment bolts as they where propery rusted . with that i thought i take out front strut and see what i can do to redo spacers to have camber and caster offset. didint find exact measures to make offset just some info guys said they made 7mm offset from original holes. so took apart driver side and found that my strut spacer is just 4cm not 5cm . so i cut it and did some diy higher to 5cm , and after all i got just little over 5cm even. some 5.2 cm i guess. only one side done and i will drive like that tomor to work.now driver side front is 2cm higher then passenger side. and maybe i fixed camber , not sure yet until i make proper aligment, but from look of it it could be ok and now wheel is more out too wich is good what i wanted.but only one side done yet. and i made camber offset like about measured . not precise or anything . so now im thinking how i will make other side same . took me about 4hrs this one side and ran out off time to finish other side.
now front is 1cm higher then rear. before that rear was about 1cm higher then front . so hmm maybe now its like that because sides in diff height. not sure that ill be ok with that in front but ill see. i mean for cv axles. well people say 2'' or 5cm spacers are max for outback this gen, so i get about 5.2cm spacer now . maybe wont be too bad. but if front will sit now higher then rear it could look funny. specially if rear would be loaded.
well on other side before i had in rear 28 cm ground clearance on rear diff and in front 26cm on skid plate. so now i will raise my front GC and car will sit about same height front and rear, thats if empty. well empty is called with extra battery in trunk and hi lift jack. plus LPG gas tank 40l instead of spare tire. so lots stuff going on in rear allready.
Unread 26th April 2018, 05:18 PM
Forum Member

rear camber bolts where so rusty it was not possible to adjuts them anymore so i just bought spare bolts and one spare arm

and later i did adjusted alignment myself diy old school style. you just need 2 large heavy boxes or anything at high about as wheel and some string. i did that for front too. i mean im not as acurate as laser but im still there. maybe missing just some millimeter or so.

i can see that front wheels now have more lift thou its hard to see in pics.
Unread 26th April 2018, 08:02 PM
can only hope to improve

Year: 2004 | 1992
Model: SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission: 5MT D/R | 4EAT
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

Looking good in that last photo.
Unread 26th April 2018, 08:42 PM
Forum Member

i like it too. no matter how much you lift it it still wagon and i like it for that. its not becomes SUV in form as forester becomes when you lift it . i still have lots space in trunk , comfy rear seats and people dont need stairs to get in in it.
and now as my spacers got camber offset my front wheels are less inside arches , still iwould go with some spacers there, maybe just 15mm , but thats for later. still need to change rear driver side wheel bearing as i think its starting to sound like jet engine at higher speeds. not absolutely sure its bearing but what else could make such sound in rear ? tires , bearing , diff , cv axle. of those all most likely its that bearing .
Unread 27th April 2018, 04:02 PM
Forum Member

both diffs oil change

should i go ..

i did go down but no up. too soft sinking sand
Unread 28th April 2018, 03:50 PM
Forum Member

other day new adventure. tried to find some cut tree with nice interesting angle to try to drive on it. found some cool one. it was just fiting under bumper and just enough space try to drive on it. but traction control system couldnt take me on top. i felt it was driving like half way on it and then just lost traction on other wheels

just nice view of spring