Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > General Forums > Members Journals

Notices

Unread 10th March 2018, 03:42 AM
Forum Member

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

Real question about wheel spacers then. Do they bad? Some say ohh your wheels will fell off or you will damage faster other parts as they will get more weight on them, but i dont get it. People put rims with less offset and having same result so that ok but having wheel spacers is bad? Yes if they will loosen or somethinf i get that . but if you put them properly and secure they should be ok yes?
Another thing size. 15 / 20 /25 or even 30 mm. I would go with 25mm about that as much as i measured i should be fine with that.
Actually my front wheels went inside about 15mm after lift on one side so to put spacers 15mm i would only make them oem . but would be cool to have them little more outside no? So like another 10mm . in all would be 25mm.
Unread 10th March 2018, 04:03 AM
Administrator

Year: MY'03
Model: Forester
Transmission: A/T
Kevin is on a distinguished road

I've heard that wheel spacers put extra pressure on the bearings but I have never tried them because they are illegal in Australia.
Unread 10th March 2018, 02:29 PM
Forum Member

i know its illegal if they stick out more then fenders. mine now stick inside more then 2 cm haha. im thinking its maybe more pressure on bearings if they stick more then oem. like a lot more. but then rims with less offset should put same pressure on bearings too. and people using them just fine.
and yes many things are kinda illegal here too. like MOT guys where asking does that bumper cut its looks not right does it .. ? they asked me , i said not sure guys its maybe diff model . i mean how could they know. any metal bullbars would be illegal here right away. but if its looks like oem bumper just shorter. any lift is illegal too. but then MOt gues thought that oem factory lift its shoudnt be there too. so i told thats its factory lift. they just have no idea.

anyway had some problems with LPG reducer. one valve on tank was opening but other valve on reducer wasnt and i couldnt drive on LPG . checked wires that comes to valve they had some corrosion , cleaned them still didint worked. so removed valve its electromagnetic valve , cleaned it , put back and all started to work. now switching between LPG and petrol is smooth again.

mine similar to that

this valve had lots black stuff on parts that suppose to move freely . so i guess its just couldnt open normaly for me
Unread 11th March 2018, 03:30 PM
Forum Member

old speakers in rear door where making bad sounds lately, no surprise there. haha
so bought couple new ones. they 6,5'' or 165mm. and i saw in net people saying this size fits... well its not

as you can see they quite larger then oem plastic frame even. so its no way to just put it normaly.
but with some tools i made it fit

they sound ok with my aftermarket JVC stereo with Mosfet 4x50w . its nothing spectacular but some more lows . im still waiting my AMP being fixed for my rear sub box. so for now just sound from in car 6 speakers. its good enough sound.

so dont know how people in net saying that 165mm speakers fits in our outbacks because they just dont.
Unread 12th March 2018, 07:21 AM
Forum Member

Ice is melting on this huge lake.

Had some thinking here. So as my rear wheel flex to fender , and i want to put spacers like 20-25mm will that wheel still fits there?

Then i never saw after i lift car that wheel would go inside arch so maybe it doesnt travel now that much
Unread 12th March 2018, 08:49 AM
can only hope to improve

Year: 2004 | 1992
Model: SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission: 5MT D/R | 4EAT
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalman View Post
Then i never saw after i lift car that wheel would go inside arch so maybe it doesnt travel now that much
A strut or suspension lift must logically reduce the track marginally, so it would bring in the tyres a shade.
Unread 12th March 2018, 09:39 AM
Forum Member

How to test full travel on car? Maybe test with car still not show its full travel. So maybe with some jack under some part that would lift just wheel up

Anyway just remembered my trip . this was in Austria near Alp mountains.

As my car no trailer nor caravan in theory i could stayed there trough night.
Was so amazing place, went there in early morning so first thing went to wash face. I never saw mountain river as that . that was pure from mountains and color so cool . i never saw this color water before. It was pretty cold too. But so refreshing.
Later that day i was up there. That roads far away was that place with that river . i mean this country its something else.

Its like postcard of some dream i had before. And it was pretty simple to realise it . well just subaru outback and some 1500 euros for 2 weeks for petrol and food.
Unread 12th March 2018, 10:09 AM
Forum Member

jf1sf5 is on a distinguished road

To test your full travel, you have to get diagonal spin on a flat surface. Then measure the distance from wheel hub to fender and compare. If your shocks have 200mm stroke, you should get at least 200mm difference between left and right. If not, there can be two reasons, the first is that the spring rates are higher than the weight of the car, the second is that you maybe haven't disconnected the sway bars.
Unread 12th March 2018, 10:13 AM
Forum Member

My rear bar disconnected. Front in place.
I just wanna will my rear wheels will go inside arch or no.so i will know can i put spacers without worry.
Unread 12th March 2018, 10:24 AM
can only hope to improve

Year: 2004 | 1992
Model: SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission: 5MT D/R | 4EAT
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

Wow. Absolutely stunning countryside.