OFFROADSUBARUS.COM

Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > Offroad and Touring Central > Planned Trips

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 1st October 2008, 05:20 PM
charlie charlie is offline
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 41
charlie is on a distinguished road
Default

By the way, where do you buy recovery tools as I have none in hand yet.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 1st October 2008, 06:39 PM
Suby 87 Suby 87 is offline
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hoppers, Melb
Posts: 9
Suby 87 is on a distinguished road
Default

Here in melb you have a choice of Super Cheap Auto, Autobarn, ARB stores, or Don Kyatt in Roden St West Melb. Prices are pretty the same through out I find ARB are a little dearer than the rest. Don Kyatt usaly have fairly good prices on there terrain tamer gear. I personally buy most of my gear of ebay but only brand name stuff like black rat. Thats besides the hand winch which Aldi kindly donated through stupidity to me which is a campfire story. Catch you on the weekend.
__________________
L series 89 MPFI with 195r14 Muddies, 3" lift kit.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 1st October 2008, 09:52 PM
El_Freddo's Avatar
El_Freddo El_Freddo is offline
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bendigo, Vic
Year: 1988
Model: EJ22'd L series
Transmission: Locking Centre Diff 5spd Manual 4.111:1 diff ratio with 1.59:1 low range and a front OBX LSD ;)
Posts: 1,881
El_Freddo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
By the way, where do you buy recovery tools as I have none in hand yet.
Don't feel that you need to go out and "stock up" on recovery gear Charlie! Come on the trip, I'm happy to use my recovery gear if you happen to become stuck. This way you can check out what we've got and what you think you'll need rather than going out without seeing any of the gear first.

I started out with just a snatch strap and some really cheap D shackles... I might duck out today and get some "better" cheap ones

Well, I'm off, gotta clear some track to get to the property, nothing serious, just a corner needs to be sorted - when wet its impossible to get around without sliding... Not that its wet at the moment (to the weather gods, a decent "down pour" tonight should sort that out thanks ).

Cheers

Bennie
__________________
Do what you like. Like what you do
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 1st October 2008, 10:00 PM
El_Freddo's Avatar
El_Freddo El_Freddo is offline
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bendigo, Vic
Year: 1988
Model: EJ22'd L series
Transmission: Locking Centre Diff 5spd Manual 4.111:1 diff ratio with 1.59:1 low range and a front OBX LSD ;)
Posts: 1,881
El_Freddo is on a distinguished road
Default

Maybe I just opened my mouth too soon about rain... Just seen the weather report and its showers for tomorrow and possibly saturday. I'll try and grab a BOM weather chart print out before I leave saturday morning...

And no worries on the sched Charlie, I'll see you 9am saturday

Bennie
__________________
Do what you like. Like what you do
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 2nd October 2008, 05:15 AM
charlie charlie is offline
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 41
charlie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Freddo View Post
Don't feel that you need to go out and "stock up" on recovery gear Charlie! Come on the trip, I'm happy to use my recovery gear if you happen to become stuck. This way you can check out what we've got and what you think you'll need rather than going out without seeing any of the gear first.

I started out with just a snatch strap and some really cheap D shackles... I might duck out today and get some "better" cheap ones

Well, I'm off, gotta clear some track to get to the property, nothing serious, just a corner needs to be sorted - when wet its impossible to get around without sliding... Not that its wet at the moment (to the weather gods, a decent "down pour" tonight should sort that out thanks ).

Cheers

Bennie
Thanks Bennie.

That is good suggestion.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 2nd October 2008, 05:17 AM
charlie charlie is offline
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 41
charlie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby 87 View Post
Here in melb you have a choice of Super Cheap Auto, Autobarn, ARB stores, or Don Kyatt in Roden St West Melb. Prices are pretty the same through out I find ARB are a little dearer than the rest. Don Kyatt usaly have fairly good prices on there terrain tamer gear. I personally buy most of my gear of ebay but only brand name stuff like black rat. Thats besides the hand winch which Aldi kindly donated through stupidity to me which is a campfire story. Catch you on the weekend.
Thanks,

I just need some budget line to see how much that I will spend. and then I will try them one by one.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 3rd October 2008, 08:48 AM
El_Freddo's Avatar
El_Freddo El_Freddo is offline
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bendigo, Vic
Year: 1988
Model: EJ22'd L series
Transmission: Locking Centre Diff 5spd Manual 4.111:1 diff ratio with 1.59:1 low range and a front OBX LSD ;)
Posts: 1,881
El_Freddo is on a distinguished road
Default

Tomorrow, I'll meet you all at 9am. A mate of mine may be coming in his rangie, He may get bored but he's good value.

We've had some rain here so its looking like some good fun to be had. Hopefully we'll only see a little bit during the day.

Looking forward to it. Going to pack the car now.

Any others that would like to attend I'm hoping to check the forum before I head off for final numbers so if you're keen and have not posted yet, now is your last chance.

Cheers

Bennie
__________________
Do what you like. Like what you do
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 3rd October 2008, 08:57 AM
mr turbo's Avatar
mr turbo mr turbo is offline
Administrator and Founders' Friend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA & ORS.com
Year: MY05
Model: Forry XT
Transmission: manual
Posts: 6,998
mr turbo is on a distinguished road
Default

Have fun guys & be safe.
Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures down south, I just wish I was a little closer so that i could join in on all the fun.
And don't forget to take heaps of photo's too.

Regards
Mr Turbo
__________________
We go anywhere & everywhere together as nothing's too hard in a Forry
Some call it Man V's Wild ...but here... We call it Camping
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 3rd October 2008, 06:28 PM
El_Freddo's Avatar
El_Freddo El_Freddo is offline
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bendigo, Vic
Year: 1988
Model: EJ22'd L series
Transmission: Locking Centre Diff 5spd Manual 4.111:1 diff ratio with 1.59:1 low range and a front OBX LSD ;)
Posts: 1,881
El_Freddo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr turbo View Post
Have fun guys & be safe.
Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures down south, I just wish I was a little closer so that i could join in on all the fun.
And don't forget to take heaps of photo's too.
Will do Mr Turbo. Photos/Videos, I've got them covered

It should be a good day, its a bit moist out there but not too serious that we won't get any where I don't think.

Its getting very close now

Cheers

Bennie
__________________
Do what you like. Like what you do
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 5th October 2008, 08:11 PM
charlie charlie is offline
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 41
charlie is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi Bennie,

Thanks for arranging the trip although I have left the trip earlier than I would thought. But the good news is that the server comes back when I arrive the office.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.