OFFROADSUBARUS.COM

Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > Technical Forums > General Troubleshooting and Technical Help

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 22nd March 2018, 09:17 PM
Forum Member

Year: 2007
Model: Outback
Transmission: Auto
Oliverthepirate is on a distinguished road
Question Advice wanted - '07 3rd Gen vs '09 4th Gen Outback

Hi there,

Was after some advice. I'm trying to decide between two future loves:

I finally found a 2007 (3rd gen) Outback with 54, 000 miles on the clock, knocked 1k off the price (to UK 6,600) and thought that was that - I put a holding deposit on it, going to see it Friday and drive home.

BUT - just this morning a 2009 (4th gen) came up with 72, 000 miles on her. It's priced at 8,995 (2,300 higher) . I would aim to get that price down, but still potentially looking at spending close to 2k more to get the 2009 with 20,000 more miles on the clock than that 2007 - but the 2009 has traction control and lineartronic as well as being the updated 4th gen body, none of which I'm totally sure is worth the extra 2k or 20,000 miles. I also know the 2007 has had a timing belt replacement last year, the 09 has not. If it matters, the 07 is the SEn and the 09 is the SE.

The car will be for weekend adventures but also have to cope with some commuting during the week on occasion. Any advice welcome, thanks in advance.

Tags
3rd generation, 4th generation, advice, model, outback