Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.com > General Forums > Members Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Old 11th February 2018, 05:07 PM

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

tested car for week now with new brake pads and i can feel much better braking now. i put Ceramic ones in front for first time. and Premium in rear. before this old pads where just premium or standard ones, and they were making all kind of noises when i was braking , was really bad stuff. now these ones are just silent. not making any noise there. and brake very good. im sure noone heard of this name out there, but here they are popular. and i used them for couple years now and i know what they are and how they perform. they not cheap ones as well cost similar to some bosch ones or TRW. and my car is not street car and im not braking hard and often, but i need proper brakes too. i read that here people just put some Brembo or TRW pads but i think thats just overkill. and then they say that they squeks. i mean they can be too hard, maybe made for high temperatures like racing pads. so i dont need any of that.

Quote:
***8226; EGT Standard ***8211; economy class line of brake pads. Semi-metallic technology for economical city cars. A unique friction formula for durable functionality and comfortable braking.

***8226; EGT Premium ***8211; premium line of brake pads. High quality semi-metallic brake pads fitted with anti-vibration shims that provide high heat resistance properties and effectively reduce braking noise. The products have a higher friction coefficient.

***8226; EGT Ceramic offers best breaking performance at high temperatures. The main features are less dust and a significantly longer lifetime.
Old 11th February 2018, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Year: MY'03
Model: Forester
Transmission: A/T
Kevin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalman View Post
but you need to leave that solenoid outside as i understand , or it can go into box as well ?
It could go in the box as well. My VSR is mounted in the engine bay.
Old 14th February 2018, 03:31 PM

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

had some fun in snow. did trip about 400km there and back. to forests and lakes are.

video of me having fun in snow. 1st gear , VDC off. sound of my custom UEL headers and rear remus muffler box. how you like the sound ??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXIrtYMnJl0

i went full throttle here. seams like nothing cutting throttle and it goes full. at least for me seems like it. it doesnt go higher on revs thou. maybe lack of power/torque